how the fuck do i get flywheel bolts off!!?

rwdlancer

I used a shit socket once on a ratle gun on a flex plate bolt. It split, and rounded all the corners off it. Had to weld a bit of flat steel to the head to get it undone. Try using a powerbar, but slide a bit of piple over the handle, to increase the force.

have rounded one pretty bad with the rattle gun so gna have to weld a flat bar to it to get that one out.and other ones havnt moved atal.gna buy a quality 17mm 6sided socket and give it another go.just letting them soak in inox to try lube them up a bit.i need to get the bastards out asaP!!!!!!!

and then find me a manual flywheel and new bolts.

if anyone noes were a flywheel is for sale thatd be a hugehelp

:D:D:D

make sure you use a impact 6 sided socket, as you dont wanna fuck it on the rattle gun. i assume its on the floor, so if you do use a power bar, put the spanner or whatever on the crank pulley and rest it on the ground. dont even bother trying to hold it as that works arse. if that still dont work a little bit of heat will help. good luck :)

even if its a little bit rounded you might be able to get away with using a decent quality single hex socket, just bash the shit out of it to get it on there and then rattle it to death.

if that still doesn't work you could try heating it but I guess the area it is in will be a bit difficult to heat sufficiently

I always use an old valve (very strong) and poke it through a engine-bellhousing bolt hole, then use a screw driver into the teeth of the flywheel using the valve stem to hold it against. Works every time. (+power bar and socket of course)

I always use an old valve (very strong) and poke it through a engine-bellhousing bolt hole, then use a screw driver into the teeth of the flywheel using the valve stem to hold it against. Works every time. (+power bar and socket of course)

Bend the valve stem on a 90d angle and grind a flat spot on the valve head to catch on the ring gear.

jesus if you need heat to get a flywheel bolt off yu have problems :lol:

could have loctite on it for some unbeknown reason that dosnt help things much , and as its been siad use single hex sockets for bolts like that , your doing bloody well to round off a flywheel bolt those are like grade 8 bolts lol.

they rounded pretty easily all i needed was a rattle gun and it rooted them.managed to get the flywheel off today :D:D had 4 unrounded bolts that i put a ring spanner on them and about a one metre bar on that and got them off good with a bt of lubeing up.then uesd a socket for the 5th one wth a bg lever and the last one was too rounded so just cut the bastard off.where would be the best place to get new flywheel bolts ya reckon??

they rounded pretty easily all i needed was a rattle gun and it rooted them.managed to get the flywheel off today :D:D had 4 unrounded bolts that i put a ring spanner on them and about a one metre bar on that and got them off good with a bt of lubeing up.then uesd a socket for the 5th one wth a bg lever and the last one was too rounded so just cut the bastard off.where would be the best place to get new flywheel bolts ya reckon??

Pick a part :lol: