Choice Places?

Goat

Where to where is it? Could we do it as a meet somehow?

Forgotten World Highway, SH43. Google it on the Maps, I can't get a good link to it but there are a few mean pictures there of it.

Runs south from Taumaranui inland to NP kind of. Looks pretty gangster.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goes from Taumarunui to Stratford.. could do it as a meet but it's a near 2 hour drive (especially travelling slower in old cars) to cover just over 100km, and if you do break down there wont be anyone to help for miles.

That place looks awsome...! Im def keen for a cruise thataway when cars up and running. or before even!

Pity it starts nowhere and goes nowhere. Would be a good mission instead of Vinigar Hill. Im sure there would be mint camping spots in that direction and is similar distance. Then could do the drive a sa day trip.

Gaz

Probably a bit far north for you chaps, but this little settlement is so spooky. There's also a 100 year old jetty thing that goes for about 54645 km into the sea

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&hl=en ... 5544475487

Tis truely epic jetty, Grandad was from there. Other Grandad was from down the road at Tolaga Bay, so there must be some whiteys there

if you're going to come via stratford and head towards taumarunui over forgotten world highway, you may as well continue out towards ongarue (20kms north of taumarunui heading towards tekuiti/hamilton) and take ongarue turnoff and go through waimeha and carry on through bennydale etc onto tekuiti - those are some awesome windy and quiet roads also.

been meaning to do that forgotted world highway for ages, noticed it ages ago and was intrigued just cos of name, looked at map then and looks sweeet.

have done the other road that goes from te kuiti out to the coast and then down to taranaki area also, that was lush as aswell with a couple of tunnels and sweet windy valley roads etc, has a mean view and park up spots when you get to coast too, you could suss out a sweet weekend trip, going from welly or auckland, go on one road to new plymouth, crash there over night and leave on other road the next day

that's what i'd planned to do anyway

There is the gravel road that goes from Taihape to Napier, called the Gentle Annie I think.

Was planning to come visit you this way in a few weeks :P

Also, Forgotten highway sounds lush

that road is only about 50 ks worth of gravel now i think

Holyfuck.

Boomrock looks amazing:

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?hl=en&ie= ... 5&t=h&z=17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVfICSnlYTQ

Looks like they are more into scaring the pants of Rich wedding goers and staff members though... Bet it would be a mega stretch to get any track time in own cars etc. The track looks awesome though... Pretty much my dream house / life.

I'd also be really keen for forgotten world. Or to make an Epic weekend, Forgotton world, then back down SH1 to Taihape, over Gentle Annie and off to drink piss at Lee's place. May need emergency tents.