Choice Places?

Goat

Any of you lemmings know of any tough places/and or roads for mean "exploration"

i.e:

Remote as dams, substations, power plants, launch facilitys, bunkers, tunnels, bridges (mean ones), pipe lines, mine shafts, bottomless pits, caves, abandoned hospitals, unused railways, abandoned silos, railyards, water reservoirs etc etc

lettuce know

tite

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of you lemmings know of any tough places/and or roads for mean "exploration"

i.e:

Remote as dams, substations, power plants, launch facilitys, bunkers, tunnels, bridges (mean ones), pipe lines, mine shafts, bottomless pits, caves, abandoned hospitals, unused railways, abandoned silos, railyards, water reservoirs etc etc

lettuce know

tite

fuck yeah

theres bound to be some sweet shit along that eastern coast mang, according to lush free avis road map there looks to be a fairly tuff road that goes from featherston along western side of lake wairarapaand loops round southern end and back round, then you could burn down to that southern most point of NI, called cape palliser apparently, would be sweet burns

/how close to welly where you thinking?

also, must be some choice shit up in those ranges, just take like any turn off towards ranges when your going thru otaki leven etc/cant remember if there are any, the jail in rimutakas? other shit round rimutakas?

"haunted" house out the back of carterton is meeean

Thats that lush as house that was abandoned shortly after being moved there aye

ken for mish sometime. At night ofcourse. In an unreliable car. ftw

And pete, went out cape pallisar the day before yesterday, went way past the roads. On the 4wd tracks. Were getting lol looks as we were in bx and would slam it out when we let 4wdrivers past. They all "WTF?? how is that so slammed" Was some pretty ruggard terrain. Lack of fuel caused us to turn around. Were almost at white rock. had almost looped all the way around the point. Then the clutch bracket broke. Had do drive ~150ks home with no clutch. Haha

There is the gravel road that goes from Taihape to Napier, called the Gentle Annie I think. No real cone items but plenty of stops and panoramic views. I tried searching it but no decent links popped up.

Do you do the whole random drive somewhere and take a random turn down a random rd to see if there is anything random down there?

Over the holidays I found a good one was doing the google maps "to here, from here" thing. We went from Dargaville, a shit whole up north on the west coast to a mean beach up norther on the east coast, and did google maps to get there. It took up through this mean as valley with a wicked river, old abandoned bridges, a mean wide as gravel road that you could easily do 100km/h on and kaikohe, which was incrediably scary for the reasons mentioned above.

I also want to go on the "forgotten world highway" or what ever its called that goes from Taumaranui sotuh down the west coast kind of. Its probably boring but I'm pretty sure it has a tunnel on it and it has a cool as name.

forgotten world highway is an awesome road - I fully recommend doing it. Most of it is paved but there's a short stretch which is still gravel. As you get higher up in the hills the road just gets more tighter with the corners - there's a sweet cafe sorta thing half way through too which has a pristine view over the hills you've just conquered. I did it a few years ago going to Hawera in my old 1.8 Galant and even that thing managed to soak up the corners well.

Driving from Rotorua to Lake Waikeremoana is pretty lush. It's a mean as lake, ~80 km of gravel, and you drive through heaps of little settlments with people sitting on their porches on a rocking chair whittling sticks. :lol:

Yeah thats a mean drive. We ran over a flock of turkey last time we boosted that raod. Mostly gravel, mean camping spots on the way. Kinda place where the farmers have no fences and cows just rock the road hard.

forgotten world highway is an awesome road - I fully recommend doing it. Most of it is paved but there's a short stretch which is still gravel. As you get higher up in the hills the road just gets more tighter with the corners - there's a sweet cafe sorta thing half way through too which has a pristine view over the hills you've just conquered. I did it a few years ago going to Hawera in my old 1.8 Galant and even that thing managed to soak up the corners well.

Where to where is it? Could we do it as a meet somehow?