Leigh's 1970 Opel GT

leigh

Here's a thread for thoughts and opinions on the GT

Spent a while today cleaning the shit out of it. The car has been sitting up for 15years and has managed to collect its fair share of shite inside. Gotta take care of some bits over the next while as the brakes need overhauling as does the clutch and some of the dash wiring is inventive. Most annoying though is the ridiculous smell of fuel inside - went looking for an obvoius cause this evening nd found the vent pipe from the tank existing directly into the passenger compartment so that will be remedied tomoro with some new pipework.

Need some new bits but have to order them from the US or Holland i think - either way its mail order

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments guys

dude, that is unbelievably sexy. can we get a video of the sound?

I'll get a vid of it tomoro for you, its 2am here and the neighbours are freakin out about it during the day never mind at this hour! Its only got the rear silencer!

Wicked man, looks good with wider wheels,

Must be rather fun to drive with so little weight and a reasonably powerful motor?

:badgrin::twisted:

@ Fuel, I think there was one for sale in the Duncan Rutherford Collection awhile ago..

No i wont change them Snoozin, i'll try to add something before there as its straight through to that point. I was gonna take a video of it tonight on my way home from town so you could hear the noise from inside when you put the foot down at all. It is loud. Actually, its as loud as the fuel smell is strong!

:twisted:

Love that video Leigh, damn that car is wicked! Sounds awesome, looks awesome! Brilliant!

Not sure on those mesh rims myself, what's the PCD on the GT? What kind of other options are there?

Edit: Damn you fuel and your beating me to the PCD question