Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I wouldn't want to take it much past 8500rpm dude, piston speeds are pretty rad up there on a 86mm stroke, remember glenn makes all his power at 8600 so you have allot of efficiency to gain before you need to worry about power up that high.

You have a shit load to gain just buy standing that motor up and getting a decent intake on it, and possibly getting vvti back :D Maybe look as a MS3 and get some outboards on there haha.

• 2 months later...

Man that's gay about piston price!

I think mine were only $400 or so and $200 there abouts for rings.

Although this was probably about 10 years ago when I rebuilt the engine :lol:

In other news, saw an interesting car on the weekend.

AW11 rally car with a blacktop Altezza engine in it.

Standard pistons and rods, block skimmed at the top to raise C/R slightly, reground cams and VVTI disabled.

Actually ran the Altezza 4-2 and then had a 2:1 section that bent back around, and then a loop the loop sort of muffler in the rear, I lold.

Motec quad throttle bodies.

Made 190something HP ATW through a turbo SW20 box and blocky looking gravel tires hahaha

AW11 rally car with a blacktop Altezza engine in it.

Standard pistons and rods, block skimmed at the top to raise C/R slightly, reground cams and VVTI disabled.

Made 190something HP ATW through a turbo SW20 box and blocky looking gravel tires hahaha

That sounds mint! Any idea how I can get contact details? Fresh motor with cams is next on the list.

looking mean! what alignment specs you running?

pinion angle changes grip quite abit aye...

I'm running 6' Castor, 4.5' camber on the LF and 3.5' camber on RF with around 2mm of toe out in the front. Will experiment with different camber and toe settings on the next dry day.

heh that seems like alot, but you run slicks so i guess you can use it, i only run 3.6 camber and 4.1 caster, used to run 5.5 caster and found i like it better with less, sorta smoother

and playing with rear sway bar for turn-in, from the pics it looks like your not afraid to make the car point where it needs to go :D