Gaz

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Please do not turbo the CA20. It will end in tears. Crank will split in half, rods buckle, no girdle etc etc.

Best best would be to save for a bottom end kit for the CA18. You can get a 2L stroker kit for them off the shelf now. Much better idea.

Few people have tried and failed miserably with the CA20det idea.

Cheers for your concern, it's been a while since ive thought about it. I was going to use a cd20 crankshaft and stroke it maybe run 4g63 rods. I think i was going to use the ca girdle, It's been so long ive just about forgoten the combo i was going to use

• 8 months later...

Nice work man. Body looks alot like what I want mine to! Cant say im a big fan of substituting engines for anything other than the original manufacturer but Im sure you've got your reasons and im sure you will do it well. Watching with interest so keep us all updated!

Cheers Goodman, it was a tuff decision, It is nice only having oil leeking from the diff now tho. I just wanted it to go as good as it did before but without the reliability issues. The 460thou lift cam kept shitting itself, even the billet one rubbed the nose off. And the 5speed is great on the open road.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

They are about 450mm long from memory its been a few months since i made one, im making one for a vvl sr20 in a jet boat in the next few weeks. I can make one for you as wel if you want. I can email you a picture of what they are like straight off the press $150. If you want it tided up it's a little more. Just call or text me on 0221510572 cheers Brendin

• 5 months later...