Waimaks GSR

johnnyfive

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get your sharp poking stick/scriber/thin as fuck screwdriver and pop the o-ring out and your life will be awesome - it will be very hard to see but it the outermost 2-3mm diameter between the shock and the inner sleeve of the shock body

I seeee. No worries, chur!

Ok, So as expected, KK is correct, Struts fall apart, Sweet!

Now, at current height, is 130mm to lowest point in front. 150 if you don't include the bit of sheetmetal that can be folded flat easily.

Exhaust is currently at like 40mm but thats another problem.

So, Maximum slam I think I can get away with in the front is 50mm.

Which, looking at picture should be just about enough to get rid of front guard gap and level out the chrome/sills.

Its kind of hard to see but I think the front guards are taller than the rears.

DSCN1097.jpg

Will re-remove front struts again tonight, is rather a cunt of a job as far as I'm concerned, and begin doing some measurements to determine what kind of inserts I need.

Ok ok. So the rear shocks and steering bushes I'm getting mildly reeeamed for have not yet arrived. So the car is STILL immobile.

Making it a bit harder.

Current situation is this.

Front down and rear up slightly. Aiming for 110mm at front and 130 rear.

Looking like I won't be able to rid myself of guard gap completely in front unless I go bigger tyre, which is a lame idea.

Unsure exactly if I'm gonna be able to get a short enough insert and if I have to cut the pair of springs I have been anymore if the ride will be too harsh.

Are inserts of roughly 40-42mm dia common?

I don't know if I'm on the right track, but you have to make sure you don't lower the bottom spring perch on the strut, because then you won't be able to fit wheels to it. I'm probably way off, but just putting it out there.

Yeah, using the springs I had intended to though if I have to cut them any further (I'm guestimating another 1/2 coil ea.) They're gonna be getting quite stiff. Unsure if how it will handle if the rear spring rate is unchanged. Might just do it and see how it ends up.

I don't know if I'm on the right track, but you have to make sure you don't lower the bottom spring perch on the strut, because then you won't be able to fit wheels to it. I'm probably way off, but just putting it out there.

heapsa room and it looks super easy to drop the mounts by cutting below them

UNI_0123.jpg

plus

P1191335.jpg

plus

P1191346.jpg

equals

TwoThumbsUp.jpg