Flange's 1976 Suzuki Fronte 360 Coupe

Draizuh

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Dunno if I'm mean to create a new discussion thread for new car?

But oh my god that new one is soooo cool. I love those mirrors. Awesome I can't wait to see it. Looks like its in pretty good nick too. Great purchase man!

Its 99.9% rust free. The only rust is where the water bottle for the windscreen fill bottle leaked over the last 33 years. Just surface. Roofs dented. And paint on roof bonnet and boot is faded hard (my selective photography makes it look good). The main reason i got it was that it is 100% complete and SO rust free. With mint parts that are usually shot, like bumpers, bonnets,guards and lights etc Will make for a quick and easy repaint. Although that will come after i finished my first project.

Mirrors are tuff aye. Light weight stz

It was a 1st gear climb up that hill to get photos! Loves wellington :lol: Goes fine on the flat tho. WAY more power than my 4 door single carb fronte!

Cant wait for nats. Gonna be so cool to meet all you guys!

Awesome little cars, I remember driving a mate's boss's one along the walkways and footpaths on the Nelson Cathedral grounds when I was 15. No idea why we weren't reported... :lol:

Surprisingly nippy for such a small car.

Thought about it, But the cylinders are 119cc each. And expansion chambers are pretty precise things. Thinking about building my own. There are many programs out there to give dimensions from inputing a few variables. A bit of sheet metal and a couple of weeks and should be able to make a decent set.

• 1 month later...

I was thinking about the calculations and perhaps the power figure that you want out is more of an expected figure rather than a hoped figure. Like if you design them for 60hp and you cars making 37hp now they probably won't work as good as if you designed them for 45hp on the standard motor. But in theory designing them for 60hp would leave the door open for porting and larger carbs etc if thats what you have in mind.

Should look and sound awesome anyway.

Yea. The 60bhp is if everything thing was perfect. It will probably only end up making 40bhp or so. :P Probably even less than standard cos of my 133t welding skillz. But it will be fun. Can also experiment with free-er flowing reed valves, jetted carbs etc. At the end of the day. Its never going to be a speed demon. You can only do so much with 360cc's :lol:

Its quite funny on that program. You can make 500bhp per cyl!!!! it just gives an 18 meter long expansion chamber that operates at an average temperatur of 18,000 degrees and runs at 200 atmospeheres :shock:.

The ones i am trying to make run at 650degrees and about 9.5psi. Bout the same as a motorcross bike. So should be ok. There is also the horn coefficient which determines the norrowness of the powerband. I made it have the widest powerband possable. Otherwise it won't be very drivable :lol:

Will just have to make them now and see if they work.

• 2 weeks later...

saw one of these parked up the other day, a white one around Hauraki corner in Auckland. i would have stopped and tried to find out more about it for you but i was on the way to dinner and it was gone by the time i got back.

to be honest i wouldn't have known what the fuck it was if i hadn't seen your one on here :)

looked pretty tidy but that was just from a drive past.

cheers

Matt

Wicked car, a mate of ours has one he's fixing the moment, has pretty major cancer too.

Actually come to think of it, a guy who works at Tony's here has one as well, but I'm pretty sure its been repowered.

The guy from tony's has got a Suzuki CX-G Which is approx 100mm wider, with a 1000cc 4 stroke, I also have a CX-G and 5 Fronte's, 3 Fronte's = MEGA Toxic rust, 2 = Easy fix & on the road in no time.

The CX-G's Are more friendly to drive & easily climes hills, but there is still nothing like driving a Fronte!!!