Flange's 1976 Suzuki Fronte 360 Coupe

Draizuh

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I really dont like those square headlights. Quad rounds will be mean. First performance thing i plane to do is build up a set of tripple spannies for it. Suzuki got 56bhp out of the 360 back in the 70s for their "sports kit".

I rekon an outboard motor repower would be the shit. Wack in a 250hp 3L v8 2-stroke. Mate it up to some meaty FWD box and it should go nuts, reverse and all, and you'd still get that 2-stoke smell/sound. Dreams are free. The humble 360 will be plant of choice for the time being. They do rev hard and sound wicked. Although, they dont like hills :D

I would run it on that castrol R shit that the race bikes use. That smells SO good. I think its got caster oil in it. Smells like thos glo engine RC cars. But the oil doesnt burn under normal use. So it gums up the motor unless u stip and soak it in solvents every 2 weeks or so. I use shell advance VSX2. It smells pretty good. Really sweet/rich smell. The smell is one of the features of these cars. I would run it on the most ferral, smoky, carbon deposity oil i could find, but if the motor dies thats it. expensive repower. So i have to treat it as if its made of glass. When i have it on the road i will probably run shell in the oil tank and premix with some nasty 2-stroke oil in the petrol tank. Get that lovely blue-smoke trail. And that eye watering sting. :wink: without being mean to the bearings/bores

Cool ride. The guy my old man bought his Capri off in invy had a browny gold one, absolutely mint. They crack me up.

Your fabrication isnt too shabby, doin the trick! Keep us informed, interesting build 8)

p.s. Would look mongrel dumped over tridies, do it!!

Thanks for all the comments. You shall all fear the mighty fronte when its done. It stikes fear into the hearts of its enemys, as shown in one of the original ads :evil: :

phpprnevwamtx3.jpg

Filthy ad for a filthy car. Should be on the road in the not to distant future, although restorations always take longer than expected. It was meant to be done by 20th jan. But shit happens

^^ :lol:

They are a hoot to drive. Its all about conservation of momentum. You have to think about whats ahead all the time. Keep it in the powerband. Bout 6500rpm. If you know there is a bit of a hill coming up you gotta go nuts through the corner or else you drop out of the powerband and have to drop down a gear. 1st >15, 2nd > 40, 3rd > 70, 4th>115 (speeds when its in powerband)

When i say hill i mean any slight incline. Ther ups and downs of the wellington motorway give +-10kph. and most roads in wellington its 1st or seccond. Having ppl in the car makes a huge difference aswell. If its just me its about the same performance as my mates starlet. A passenger, (or shopping for that matter) is the difference between 3rd or seccond up some inclines. 4 ppl its 1st all the way. boosting at a steady 15kph @ 7000rpm yeyay. Pretty peppy on the flats tho :wink:

Keen. Gotta finish my other cars first. then its time for a repower. Im thinkin rota, cliche but it would fit nicely provided i could mate it to a FWD box. Make it do mean skids. Bike engine gets a bit difficult. Reverse, diff etc. Any suggestions on how i could do a bike engine? Thinkin bout starter motor reverse. But that wouldnt like welly hills.

Engine repower would make this the ultimate sleeper