davidian

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those vectra engines scare me. :wink:

They do? Whys that?

Yeah link g3's are the man. Only gay thing - they only have 2 injector drives still.... so you have to run the injectors in pairs. Its prehistoric technolody these days and the computer would be competitive with the big guys if it had one. I think they do it just so people still opt for the Link Plus for the big jobs.

True I didnt know that about the injectors.

Only one solution, buy two link g3's. :(

So for the second injector is the fuel wasted or does it just injected before the second cylinder intake valve(s) open?

Do you know if Haltech run the same sort of setup?

Suppose you wouldnt lose much at high RPm because its all happening so fast.

Firing multiple injectors at once works fine. My jag has a linkv3 and fires 6 injectors at a time.

So for the second injector is the fuel wasted or does it just injected before the second cylinder intake valve(s) open?

Fuel isnt wasted as it does this once for every 4 revoloutions.

Are there mega gains from firing the injectors one at a time?

The speed that the injectors are going an valves are opening is so fast going in pairs will make no huge difference compared with going individually.

Man, so awesome, like really awesome.

What sort of exhaust are you going to run man? Small and stealth would rule everyones face I reckon. Cant wait to see this weapon on the track

True I didnt know that about the injectors.

Only one solution, buy two link g3's. :(

Do you know if Haltech run the same sort of setup?

Suppose you wouldnt lose much at high RPm because its all happening so fast.

MircoTech LTs10 has sequential injector drives.

To be honest I’m not sure of the gains of running ‘sequential injection’. I know microtec ltx-8’s had it plastered all over them and it was a major selling point, so I just assumed it was good. The g3 is the first of the base model LEM’s to use more than one injector drive anyway. All the older ones just fired all the injectors at the same time and it didn’t seem to make a hell of a lot of difference anyway, so who knows. Someone does :D

I had big plans of side exit exhaust coming out behind the backdoor and above the sill, but sadly that won’t be happening this time around. It involved a whole heap of cutting of floors and running a large exhaust tunnel to house the exhaust so it could go through and out where the back seat used to be. It would have been awesome but time and funds won’t allow.

I’m running nice 2â€

I made a 2.5inch exhaust for my car which is 2lt NA made it go way harder in the top end and makes it more rev happy.

I brought the 2 Mandrel U bends, 1m straight pipe and a packed center rensonator. With a straight through final muffler.

So if you have got a welder go hard its not too tricky.

Its quite loud though (sucks a bit on the motorway even with a 5 speed), a deep sound not a tinny one as some may expect.

Never had trouble with a WOF but.

If I was doing it again I would be going for the largest 2.5" straight through packed center resonator that I could fit under the car. After that possibly a straight through final muffler with a slight offset in it.

yea well 2.5 is going to help over stock but you cant say from just chucking that on that it was the ideal exhaust size. Some of the jap tuning companies sell 2.25 ones for the 3sge beams and it has 200 beans 2.5" = overkill. theres not set in concrete size pipe to use but you want to keep the heat/velocity up in a NA car