Snoozin's 1981 KPiz Starlet

WDE_BDY

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi snoozin, any chance you would part with parts off the previous coilovers? pm me or 0272593371 thanks

I'm sure we can organise something, may be a short while until this is sorted however.... will get in touch closer to the time.

As far as diff photos go, nothing yet as that Killrust Enamel creates quite a shitty environment and I'm not too keen on getting sticky paint dusty particle shit stuck in my cameras inner workings. It should be dry enough tonight to take off the hangers and get some photos of.

• Like 1

Hey thanks people yeah it's a bit OTT I suppose, it's just a diff. The actual inspiration for going to this extent with attention to detail can be attributed to Triggers EX Lancer build all those years ago...

sheepers deserves more accolades though, he's made my stupid ideas a reality with his magic metal glue machine.

We slotted the axles in last night, and everything seems to be in order/ok, will knock up a brake hardline for the whole thing this weekend all going to plan.

Next up is sorting the underseal up in the arches and on the underside, let that dry for a while then I can install this thing!

• Like 2

Rust kill is OK and will be fine.

But, single part enamel paints are old technology compared to urethane paint ( water cured single part or two part are both superior). Urethane automotive/industrial paint is harder and more resistant to chemicals than enamel.

I just used the rattle cans and kept it warm throughout the process - I wouldn't take my seal of approval on anything automotive as gospel as I don't know much about anything when it comes to cars or painting or whatever.

For me it's a case of using what I am able to, I don't have a compressor or spray equipment or the money or justification to buy it all even if I could afford it. In the past this stuff has done well for me so I'll use it again but I wouldn't go taking any advice from ANYTHING you see in my project thread at all.