Snoozin's 1981 KPiz Starlet

WDE_BDY

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need to be higher to be remote, right? Hard to get higher than that.

Once fitted and bled, M/C don't need much attention on a lower mileage vehicle I would think - only when pads are changed or similar.

Yeah, not much space to get these higher which is the main problem, KP issues ha!

Thanks for the great writeup! About to do this to mine, getting some great inspiration from this. And its fine with the reservoirs, just pop the instrument cluster out when you do pads/fluid? Fairly simple

Pretty much, the cluster is a simple thing to remove, literally a 5 minute job to get in there top up fluid. If I get a leaky M/C, then we have a pretty big job to get it out....

• 1 month later...

Yep, apparently it'll deliver fuel all good, the fuel light will come on long before the fuel level in that surge tank is below the top of the pickup so the key will be to fuel up when the light comes on to remove any possibility of problem.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazing project. Congrats on the excellent taste and impeccable execution. :)

I've been inspired by some of your mods in the past, and now I'm thinking about brakes. Do you remember where are the front rotors from originally?

Thanks in advance!

Anyway, a while ago I began researching, with the help of an esteemed member of Club K, front brake options. I have settled on the Wilwood Dynalite 4 pot caliper, Hawk HP+ pads and a set of commonly available vented rotors which require adapting to the stock KP hub and remain mounted in the stock position so I don't end up with an excessively wide track.

Pics below from todays proceedings, none of which could have happened without the welding, machining and fabrication skills of Sheepers, Esq.

11601122056_94defbb587_b.jpg
IMG_7339 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

IMG_7390 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

11600669484_533f3c5467_b.jpg
IMG_7343 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

• 2 months later...

Snoozin let me first start by saying how astonished I am because of the incredible job done on this KP. I own a KP myself so this excites me a lot!

Can you tell the lenght of the sleeves for the rear springs?
How do those springs feel? Are they for the soft or stiff side?

Thank you! 

Snoozin let me first start by saying how astonished I am because of the incredible job done on this KP. I own a KP myself so this excites me a lot!

Thank you! 

FYI

the part in the rules that relates to fluid reservoir has been updated

"must be readily accessible to inspect and fill with fluid" is the wording

That sucks a bit, what defines readily accessible? The cluster is 4 screws to remove and reveal the masters so is that considered 'ready' enough do you reckon? Or does it have to be an unobstructed install?

Thank you! 

Thanks, the length I can't remember off the top of my head I'd need to go and measure, unsure how they feel at the moment but I think they'll be on the stiffer side rather than the softer.