For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/11/2022 at 22:37, keltik said:

Custom strut top mounts for a vehicle with double wishbone suspension - how hard to get that certified?

What sort of car?

If it's just making a top mount to bolt in a strut that's the same sort of configuration , should be straight forward 

20 minutes ago, SOHC said:

I thought they were just contacting the owners and recommending they get a check done somewhere elce?

That has happened in the past, my grandad got sent a voucher to get a new wof check done by vtnz when his local testing station got in the poop 

5 minutes ago, cletus said:

What sort of car?

If it's just making a top mount to bolt in a strut that's the same sort of configuration , should be straight forward 

If I was to swap the jag to S-Type coilover shocks.  Changing from air struts to coil spring. The knuckle end of the shock is the same but pcd on the top hat is different.

9 hours ago, cletus said:

Vtnz are the gold standard in vehicle inspection!

missed the rust and the fact that the shocks had lost all their damping juices  

To be fair, if the suspension is modified and needs a cert why should they even continue looking at the suspension and surrounding structure? The cert guy will have to do that anyway. No point having double redundancy