For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

Good thing I have the mighty 4K and will never be in need of moar powers

Yetchh (I think) put a 2L in his 121 or something and just had to get a letter from Mazda saying that the motor came out in 121s also or something when he went in for compliance?

just cause a compliance guy asked for this, doesnt make it correct.

i had one the other day wanting me to write a letter that the rear chassis rails being trimmed on a chev truck was all no worries, never mind about the fuel tank and seats out of something else, tube front arms or springs been attacked with a bluenosed hissing spanner

• Like 2

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we had a Bellair come in today for a cert for engine conversion. This thing would barely scrape through as a paddock basher..

Rust has been cut out but nothing put back in, steering was the floppiest shit I've seen (and I'm used to floppy steering), tie rods fucked, bald tyre (burnouts) front disc conversion with pads worn to the backing plates, no handbrake, some dodgy rear leaf shackles, radiator hose connecting the fuel filler to the tank, the rear brake line smashes into the exhaust, no hoops, g-box is pissing oil, some other stuff I don't recall now and on the whole the car looked like a beat up piece of shit.

Some people...

• Like 2

pretty much think that at least once a day about someone. i cant believe how useless a large portion of people who modify cars are.

even simple shit like actually putting fuel in the tank is too much to ask

i had one the other day. up to 5th recheck now, mostly for faults that were not fixed after id written them on the sheet, like fuel pissing out of a split hose...

last one was just a road test

steam comes out the dash, split heater core

re booked for another day 6 weeks later cause busy

rang and told him to meet out by the airport in an hour to do brake test< he said ok see you in an hour

went there, waited, 1 hr 15 min passes

rang to see where he was

he couldnt get it started, was taking loom to bits to try to fix, hadnt even left yet, no phone call or text, so i drove from penrose to the airport for nothing. then had to make haste back to pakuranga to fit another job in just so the afternoon wasnt a complete write off

then he texts 20 minutes later, wants to meet still, cant, at next job now

wants to come after hours after ive finished the other job

another 4 texts ''plz bro just want to finish'' etc etc

hes going to get an unpleasant surprise on his next invoice if he wants to finish his cert

• Like 7

How do you make money Clint? You spend a lot of time giving advice and dealing with fuckwits.

Do you charge before first check and then for every recheck?

we have tightened up a lot on making sure we get paid.

not so much fixed price certs any more on anything more than a basic cert, we end up going backwards too much. anything like ^ old mates shitbox skyline with the 5 rechecks is now charged at $125 an hour.

fuck it grinds my gears when dicks come out with the old "certifier eh, bloody licence to print money" bullshit. just like any job, theres more to it than people realise

• Like 5

we have tightened up a lot on making sure we get paid.

not so much fixed price certs any more on anything more than a basic cert, we end up going backwards too much. anything like ^ old mates shitbox skyline with the 5 rechecks is now charged at $125 an hour.

fuck it grinds my gears when dicks come out with the old "certifier eh, bloody licence to print money" bullshit. just like any job, theres more to it than people realise

I totally think this is a good idea. 

Recently been burnt with a customer that ive helped out by not charging callouts for parts if not busy . 

This week he had a spaz about a spate of his trucks breaking down (i dont even work on them unless called in) he went spaz to the extent of organising a meeting with the director of the company!  that he is not convinced of my competence or my service .

Sweet faggot , you now get to pay for everything , you dont get to borrow my tools , or my knowledge , or even get a beer at the pub now . 

So yeah , business is business , you are there to make money not friends , dont like it , go somewhere else.

On a lighter note im having chuckles at this thread because fuck my 910 was rough as shit mainly the engine mounts and how i pwned the front panel for the intercooler pipes etc. cant believe i did that/ it pretty much got that motor , did some skids then i sold it . 

Think you saw that though clint at tui brewery, was wating for you to be .. FFS HEMI! your a damn mech man..

• Like 3

todays dick was the guy who fitted belts in the back of a nissan, put doubler plates in, one of them not pulled up against the pillar, and 2 extra 7/16 holes in the pillar where he put the plates in the wrong place then had to move them, and then tried to hide them by glueing a plastic cap over the top of the extra holes. and thats a 'professional seatbelt installer'. that cost me 90 minutes in traffic to go there and find that out.

and at the other end of the scale, first job of the day was a 56 chev, the guy did the belt anchorages himself in his garage at home- and did it perfectly, to the book, far better than any professional seatbelt installers ive dealt with

• Like 5

That because sometimes amateurs (Well, the ones who aren't complete fucking retards) will want their shit to pass, and therefore do it by the book and make a nice job.

Whereas "pro's" can be complacent, and have a "I cbf today" attitude.

I've seen some of the pics of nightmare shit you've found Clint. Fuck some of it is cringeworthy!

Hey Clint. 18 yeas ago Mark came over to my place and started the cert on my RX5. I paid him $550 and still have the receipt. When i get it finished in 2030 will i have to pay any extra money ?

Also second question. When did the rule come out regarding welding of front suspension components having to be tig welded ? Ie wishbones etc. 

Cheers

• Like 1

depends on inflation, the price of milk solids and the auckland housing market, but i would say by 2030 you will need to pay another $3590 for your cert.

welding of arms ect? cant remember but it was probably when the hobby car manual was released about 2008?

• Like 1

I have a question! 

I'm planning on rolling a solid front end under my 1999 chev s-10 blazer 4wd. I will need to weld some new mounts to the chassis for the leaf springs to bolt up to as well as welding new mounts to the diff housing, will this have to be TIG welded?

and whats the limits on the amount of lift I can lift on the suspension? I plan on using 35'' tyres

photobucket-38024-1355603695888.jpg

here is a pic of an s-10 blazer  that has had the SAS treatment 

cheers in advance

• Like 1