Wellington Monthly Meet - Discussion thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right you lot. I need some input.

Soon it will be summer and we will be in to takeaways on the beach for monthly meets, but we are not quite there yet.

I'm keen for a meet in Wellington city, but we need somewhere with a car park.

I was thinking about Speights Ale House on Tinakori Road. There is a car park behind the building next door.

Keen, or not so much?

• Like 1

I'm super keen on that idea. Not sure how big that carpark is but there's parking on the street, especially after the Bowen St lights too. It's close enough for me to walk/cycle/motorbike to as well. The craft beer enthusiast(wanker) in me can get to the area early for a pint at the Sprig and Fern too, across the road from the Speights Alehouse. Daylight Saving rules.

There's not a great deal of space in that car park.  I generally struggle to find a park there as it's normally a very busy place, especially with a bunch of restaurants close by on that corner.  Even so, there's normally heaps on the street up by the Botanical Gardens if there's nothing close and you can handle a bit of a walk.

From memory they have nice, normal food there which is a plus.  I'm keen.

Speights Ale House is good but I struggle to find one car park there most nights. Up the road as Shaz suggested is where I usually end up parking when going there.

On a nice night in Summer we could meet at Thorndon NW, get either Fish n chips or pizza then go park up around Oriental bay or something.

• Like 1

team parkup at rose gardens and wander down to alehouse?

Lock it in. Next meet will be filled with sun and plenty of time to perve at each others cars/bits

Sorted. Rose Garden at 6:45, walking school bus to speights at 7:00

Finer details here -> //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/45319-welly-october-meet-thursday-16th-speights-thorndon/