Welder buying spam

kws

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went and brought a roll of .6 wire to use instead of .8 as you lads recommended. Got it for $49 instead of $69 @toolshed fathers day sale.

Got home and realised i dont have any .6 contact tips and I also have to change the roller In the welder itself.

Think to myself , oh yeah that will be about 50 bucks... look online and fuck me dead its $180bucks !

Fuck sake.

Rant over

Edit : just found them on alli express for $10 hahaha.

Screenshot_20230903-164853_Chrome.jpg

7 minutes ago, ajg193 said:

On my welder it is just one set of rollers and you just flip them over to get the 0.6 groove. Took me years to notice.

Thanks I had a look at that , one side is .8 and the other .9

Thanks man but I'll just suck it up and buy one.  At the end of the day it's a one off cost but i was shocked at how expendy they were. The ones from allie express may be worth a shot haha 

Generally the guide rolls have a tiny knurling on the radius/groove to help grip the wire. Not sure how easy that would be to replicate if they were machined. They almost look crimped. 

You can use 0.8 tips with 0.6 wire, but you may get a little 'arc wander'.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Raizer said:

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure knurled rollers are made for flux core wire?

V for solid and U for softer wire like aluminium.

Yeh ya probably right to be fair. I've been around f/c alot so I'm used to them. I run knurled in my machines with solid wire. Saves having slippage issues with single roller drive and a 15kg spool.

• Like 1