Avenga's 1UZ V8 powered 1980 Avenger Wagon

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, they do on the hotwires. I like the first one better anyway. I used to have hotwires on my old Avenger race car so I sort of wanted something different and have always liked the look of those first ones.

7 hours ago, Shandangles said:

I hope you have good earmuffs. That induction noise will be ruthless in the cabin 10/10

I like induction noise so it should sound pretty cool. I am going to build a little enclosure around it so it will suck air in through the plenum.

21 minutes ago, MRT1TRD said:

May I recommend using N2O for a heater when it backfires

Haha, good idea.

I have already brought my new heater. Using this electric one https://dcthermal.com/product/sa12-4000-12-volt-brushless-cab-heater/

Hey dude, long time no see. Good to see you still doing the expensive car toy things. Been bitten myself - got two AW11 MR2's now, with one donating its 4AGE turbo to the daily soon. Be cool to catch up some time. -Cam

• 4 weeks later...

Very surprised that you purchased something from cartune.

Who did you deal with there?

That place and owner has interesting history... I thought it was long gone/closed.

Edit. 

Even more perplexed the more i think about this and read. 

That website is extremely out of date and completely irrelevant - none of those services exist at the stated location. Infact the owner moved out to live/work on his parents (i think) farm maybe 2? Years ago.

Super odd.

I brought it from Kelvin at Cartune. Been chatting to him via emails.

He was really quick, brought it on Trademe on Wednesday, arrived today.

I don't know anything about their history other than they have done a lot of 1UZ conversions.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Avenga said:

I brought it from Kelvin at Cartune. Been chatting to him via emails.

He was really quick, brought it on Trademe on Wednesday, arrived today.

I don't know anything about their history.

Hi mate.

Updated my post above.

He is a great guy but id be a weeee bit careful.

The fact he is promoting cartune (and that website) is just bizarre.

Yeah, I don't know. I just brought it off trademe and chucked up the link in case anyone else doing a similar engine swap wanted to do the same thing and run only the alternator.

He did say that he lived and worked on a family farm.  He wasn't promoting the website, other than his email address was at that website and he sent a business card with that URL in the package.

It's the only bit that I have brought from them and I saw it, and it fits my needs so I brought it. I'll let you know how it goes when I get the engine running but it looks nicely made and the service was quick and the communications was good.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...