Cute Wee Gem's Shed/home

cute wee gem

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The next job was to set up some profiles. I think the permit finally came in just after this. Whew! Just in time to start work over the Christmas break.

WxUUXe.jpg

Holes! These were dug by a bobcat with an auger attachment. The center rows are 1200mm deep and 600mm wide, outside rows 1000x600 and intermediate poles 600x600. The day after permit arrived, I booked the inspection for the footings/pole holes.

JrKFnu.jpg

• Like 4

Officially on Holiday by this point. I shoveled a truck and a half of builders mix (6-7 tonne?) into a concrete mixer, along with about 35-40? bags of cement and water. Pouring it into my old mans trusty wheel barrow, operated by the best parents in the world.

This was on that same day where some of NZs towns reached their highest temps in years. (took a day and a half to fill all holes)

No time/effort left to take photos.

Corona's were consumed.

• Like 4

This is dream spec. Cant wait to see it done.

Live upstairs sort of deal?

Living in one bay (48m2) and bedroom will take up the rear half of upstairs (another 24m2 ish). I need the front part of the middle bay for a 2 post hoist :-D

96m2 of workshop, which is smaller than I currently have at the olds farm, but it will be much nicer and better set-out.

• Like 1

Coooooool.

How big is it? Can you show us a floor plan?

Is it a kit of some kind, or have you done all the design/plans yourself?

12x12 / 144m2

I looked at a few plans and drew it up exactly how I wanted it, then gave my plan to ITM and they got Mitek to draw/engineer it to suit. It's still a very basic American style barn design.

No real floor plan yet. I'm still designing that bit as I changed my mind last minute. But I will upload some pics once I've drawn something.

• Like 2

Love it.

How do ya get consent for something like this without having detailed floorplan? Do ya only have to state what is going in and not where?

I have a floor plan but it's super basic and not the actual design. You can usually get away with changing stuff from the plan that isn't structural etc