Bwarp's 1972 Hillman Hunter

M Night Shamalayan

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got new bits yet? repco/supercheap should have the bits/order them in

In other news, the rotor on my hunter split and the dizzy shaft was just spinning inside it, so I used a rubber band to keep the split shut and it got me home.

• Like 2

yeah i do wonder about the quality of a set of parts that cost me a third of what the repco equivalent wouldve c. Don't know til ya try though.

I've considered white walls, but tbh, im just a lazy piece of shit, so i doubt i'd keep them clean enough to make them not stain or whatever. and the car isnt cool enough to pull it off maybe? haha

Mayte, I just bought the same Lucas 25D bits off the same guy to fit to my friends' Morris Minor.

Hoping the quality is good enough to get it running.

Probably still better than the OG ones.

As for tyres, STA/Segedins in Auckland do really cheap brand new whitewalls. They do a 165/65R13 for $70.

They are hit and miss but you can't get any better. Not going to blast 40 years like the original

I have the electronic distributor from accuspark, who makes those or something identical

Im happy with it. You are better off getting the whole thing I think, so there is no wear.

so more like this then?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/vintage-parts/electrics/auction-1173709172.htm

If this cheapo set of stuff gives up the ghost too quick, i'll look at the full kit. the benefits do sound nice even if just for peace of mind