hulses 1973 616/RX2 discussion

hulse12

Respray, at this stage in gloss black. But will see as time comes closer to panel/paint work gets done.

Yeah wasn't a fan, mods are just for a start, will look at something else down the track. Rather have it going for a start.

Engine is purchased, follow thread for updates.

• Like 1

Centrelines gone mr dave.

Will chuck up some pics when it was green later tonight.

I brought and laid all the carpet myself for less than half the price of buying autodec carpet as last ones I brought I wasn't 100% happy with how it sat/being a tightass. Haha

Usually not a fan of matt black, but with the white Mazda stripes along the bottom I think it looks wicked. I vote leave it as is, get it running, do some skids and worry about gloss black later on once you have it totally finished. 2 sedans are ace but being NZ assembled means it will be prone to rust around the back window, so have a good look at it... Otherwise top notch,well done, brap brap etc.

Also, the guy you got it off Has a Mk1 Zodiac in his garage too. You can just make it out in one if the early pictures.

Yeah will be staying mattblack for abit, depending on funds. Which im getting are going to be low as haha.

Looking forward to getting engine assembled and getting it running. Shouldn't be too far away fingers crossed.

Cheers for the feedback guys! :thumbleft:

• Like 1

Me likely

From the few photos Its actually appears to be a real solid example, actually digging the matte black also...........

Id say the modgies are better than the piss poor knock off version meisters ( the way they produce them with mega flat dish looks bloody terrible/cheap, its a straight out giveaway)

That gearbox looks like a later model turbo box either series 4 if the mount is flat or series 5 if its v mounted, interested to know whats going on inside it actually?

Normally one would by a Mx5 box and swap the earlier model Series 1 through 4 Na housings creating a MX5 box that bolts to a rx.

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/34371-mx5-gearbox-behind-a-12a/

Hey thanks for that. Sorry to be a pain in the ass - What sort of carpet did you use and where did you get it from?

Im in the same position as you as Im loathe to spend at Autodec

Just went down to local shop that sells carpet and vinyl. More like a variety store than carpet store. Just found the thickness/shaped/flexible carpet I wanted to use. Cheers

Me likely

From the few photos Its actually appears to be a real solid example, actually digging the matte black also...........

Id say the modgies are better than the piss poor knock off version meisters ( the way they produce them with mega flat dish looks bloody terrible/cheap, its a straight out giveaway)

That gearbox looks like a later model turbo box either series 4 if the mount is flat or series 5 if its v mounted, interested to know whats going on inside it actually?

Normally one would by a Mx5 box and swap the earlier model Series 1 through 4 Na housings creating a MX5 box that bolts to a rx.

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/34371-mx5-gearbox-behind-a-12a/

Yeah wasn't really a fan on the rims personally. Rather modgies for a start and see what happens once its done etc.

Yeah not too sure whats going on. Just going off what I was told from the guy that I brought it off.. Will see how good it works when car is running.

Think it must be S4 then, looks to be flat mounted from what I can remember. Will double check tonight.

Cheers

• Like 2