4AGZE / 4AGE Head - help/differences

brad

Trying to locate a smallport head to port & polish possibly, are 4agze/ 4age smallport heads the same? advantages/disadvantages with either?

Will be putting it on a ST block for an N/A build, any help appreciated. ta guys

IIRC you can run more aggressive cams than the GE heads, the valve angle is better, I think you can also fit larger valves and the ports are better designed to begin with.

Or something like that, it's been awhile since I researched it. Basically the economy head is better for performance for the same amount of headwork.

cant really be bothered with the water relocation kit etc, rather keep it a 16v head.

I just picked up a whole 20v silvertop for $50 off a mate so was I just going to use the 7rib block , itb's & a 16v head? t3 adaptor or the likes. with a standalone ecu etc ? open to ideas really.

curious to know any advantage of getting the smallport head and opening up the ports. would you not end up with a port size similar to a blue top ??

however, i have heard of smallport being reduced in size to increase port velocity

just a wee bit as i've heard they're nearly 'perfect'. bigports are 'too big' for na? i'm only going for a mild setup, not 100% sure yet but a smallport head seems to be a good start?

same shit

regarding 4agze/4age smallport heads?

Na man the 1gfe Beams ports are a million times better than the 1gge. I would love to check one out IRL but I'd guess and say the 2JZFSE is probably better than the GE also, just because of the narrow valve angle and later design. Pretty sure there is only one variant of the 4AF head that is any good? I have pulled apart a few of them and lots are crap.

small port 4age/gze heads are the same, bare in mind your pistons will need to change/be cut to suit 4 valve cylinder rather than 5.

support market for 4age is huge, don't bother with 4afe unless you want to do a hole lot of faffing

• Like 1

curious to know any advantage of getting the smallport head and opening up the ports. would you not end up with a port size similar to a blue top ??

however, i have heard of smallport being reduced in size to increase port velocity

The 'Big' in Bigport is the inlet ports, its not possible to make a smallport as big as a bigport. The bigport was just far too big, that's why Toyota made the TVIS butterflies to block off half of the port to increase velocity in the lower revs and opens up at 4200rpm (from memory). But they dropped it all in favour of the smallport.

The Smallport is the better head for NA. Even turbo wise they work well compared to bigport, I've had both turbo'd and the smallport spooled far better. 

There is a guy on Toyspeed who made the smallport's ports even smaller and got good results. It was in a off road racer from memory.

Thanks speed n spencer, all i really wanted to know.

Seems strange that you would not use the 20v head- it's best part. I'm sure peeps here would help with relocation of water

But anyway.... Craycray that 4afe head flows better than 4age. Must be the only time an fe anything has been better than ge?

you're welcome to the 20v head if you like ;p