VG's Adventure Wagon / Tercel SR5

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I approve of this project.

I uses to know an old dude that used a early 4WD Mitsi Chariot as a beach buggy and he said it'd go anywhere.

So when you space down the subframes to jack this bitch up are you going to get some longer shocks or put spacers above the struts as well?

The american guys slap spacers on top of the front struts, and then just use longer springs all round, but most only lift them about 2". I'ma ask uncle Clint about the legalities of home made lift kits.

From what i've read, the best set up is 1990 pathfinder springs in the rear, with longer shocks, gives around 2-3" of lift, with 83-86 camry coils and hats on the std tercel struts in the front, also giving between 2-3" of lift. Then you just do a slight space frame drop to stop the CV's exploding.

Woo, just found a set of these:

http://www.blackrubber.com.au/products/Commercial/MAXXIS-MT753-Bravo-185R14-8PRR

Second hand in Whakatane, only done 800km's (Electrician had them fitted to his van, and his bosses went nuts) for a very sharp price, and they are 1/2" smaller OD than the 27" (really 26"OD) ones, so will help with clearance. Will snaffle them up me thinks.

Hihhlux what spec is your caldina. (Un)fortunately I know all about them

Ummmm its a caldina and its 3s-fe manwel.

Doesnt have any been destickered/debadged so duno what spec it is/thought it was a front tug POS. Its got an open rear diff tho which I would like to remedy 

Ummmm its a caldina and its 3s-fe manwel.

Doesnt have any been destickered/debadged so duno what spec it is/thought it was a front tug POS. Its got an open rear diff tho which I would like to remedy

What year/model? Ie st195 or st215?

Nah pretty sure he st195s are live axle like st215. Ill check my stz again.

You will want to try find some stz from a tzg which was the 3sge 4wd manwell they should have lsd rear diffs. Will check on the centres. No caldinas that I recall have a lock diff button though.

i think the subframe is different, I was looking at it as was considering finding a 4wd manwell box for my mrs' st215 caldina gt (beams 3sge) so this is how I found out about all the diffs etc. I was thinking I could grab a box from a st195tzg but I dont think the subframes are identical, but the diffs/boxes are the same iirc.

JUst get a st195 control arm anyway, lots get wrecked on TM