VG's Adventure Wagon / Tercel SR5

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are gunna be pretty noisy on the road, even my Bridgestone A/T are pretty loud on our shitty roads.

You need to take this along the dunes from Taiwhakaea to Thorton along the dunes, M/T will help you dig holes but its a pretty easy off road track. CR-V does it mostly in 2wd. Its easier to go that way rather than start at Thornton as there is a little bit of a soft rutted hill that would need to be climbed, much easier to go down it.

do they foul your guards at lock when fully compressed? cos you know you gon flex

hqdefault.jpg

No idea, will find out tomorrow I guess. STOP, HAMMER TIME.

They are gunna be pretty noisy on the road, even my Bridgestone A/T are pretty loud on our shitty roads.

You need to take this along the dunes from Taiwhakaea to Thorton along the dunes, M/T will help you dig holes but its a pretty easy off road track. CR-V does it mostly in 2wd. Its easier to go that way rather than start at Thornton as there is a little bit of a soft rutted hill that would need to be climbed, much easier to go down it.

Where the hell is Taiwhakaea? We did the golf course to Thorton trip a few weeks ago in J5's lux and Bens brumby. The brumby did pretty well, was just too low, and got stuck a few times. I nearly made that trip in a 2wd lux once, got stuck trying to avoid scratchy bushes as it was a work ute, lols.

just let tyres down to like 10psi when off road, esp in sand. will be sweet on this given how light it is.

they wont be that rowdy. I dailyed with noisy M/T tyres for a couple of years. no danger, you forget about it fairly swiftly. 

I wont be doing long trips in this very often, so not worried about road noise and the such. From the reviews I read, the tyres are meant to be pretty damn good all rounders tho.

Cant wait to go for a hoon.

IMG_20140510_165332684_zps7649c8f2.jpg

Did a fair bit more descumming on this, then slapped the front seats and belts back in, and went for a wee drive. Apart from a dodgy shock or two, the front discs being rooted, and the wheel alignment being LOLably far out, I am VERY happy with how it went. Didnt try anything too hard core, but it seems to be very capable off road, better than my old surf I reckon. Had it pretty twisted up and never heard the tyres touch anything, so clearance seems good.

Was also quite pleased with how high it sits on the new tyres, has pretty good ground clearance as is.

Another bonus is the CV's seem to be fine, so will clean them up, slap new boots on them and bam, done.

Just needs a little bit of a tune, and the timing set, but apart from that, the motor/gearbox/diffs and what not all seem sweet as.

So yeh, pretty happy with it so far.

• Like 4