brake issue FUUUUUU

Fat Dan

So i finally tracked down some new discs for my ke70 chucked em on got pads in and now i cant get the callipar over the pads without the brakes being jammed on. everything is new discs measure pre' much spot on to what they should be, should i just get the disks skimmed a bit? Or do some of you OS geniuses have some better ideas?

Lol cmon guys i know to push the piston in! Also doesnt appear to be binding can push piston in flush with calipper and it still wont play ball. Have to get pretty heavy on a mallet to get it even halfway back down. Almost like brake pads too thick? Is that even possible?

Brembo are pretty sweet rotors, so should be correct? At first I suspected it could be a 'cheap shit' problem, but if using decent parts then it should all be coming up roses. Perhaps the pads are slightly larger, what brand pads are you using?

Pretty sure there are two types of disks for these - ill check tomorrow (BNT), some start at like 10mm and have a min of 9mm and others say 11mm - 10mm. I know its only 1mm but that may be all the difference.

Brand of pad as above may be the issue too.

so, this is advice i was given by race brakes and i quote as best as i can remember,

"some pads are thicker that others and if they are too tight then give them a rub on concrete and take a few mm off them and they should fit"

for the "performance" style pads there are endurance pads that are thicker than normal which could explain why it don't fit.

i don't think thats your problem, never in my experience have i seen a difference between manufactures specs of minimum thickness for the same rotor of 2.5mm. i think its a different rotor but never mind that, if you need it to go now then rub off a bit and make it fit.

long term, you got the wrong rotor. 

Pads are cheap repco items silverline or some shit, will just rub off a bit was thinking of doing that but was worried about wearing them unevenly. On the subject of the rotor, id say its an equivalent off another as all part numbers i found for a ke70 were discontinued cheers for the help guys!