steelies' box house

Steelies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno if this is of interest to you. Probs too modern looking. But supposedly ideal for mini spaces

http://www.metrofires.co.nz/wood-fires/tiny-series/tiny-ped

Can get a leg version too.

...apparently Stihl shops sell them...

11Kw will cook you from inside. . . . and you will taste yum

I find with our small house its difficult not to over heat the place.

Fan on your end bedroom wall to draw air down to end of house? / out of building?

'mini ped' good name, too yuck.

white thing too wanky. like i said, i'm very particular. if i'm going new fire, i know the exact one i want.

continue the listing

russel, have you seen the heat powered fans you put on top of your fire? they look cool, maybe useful, maybe just cool. some use a stirling engine. maybe all of them? not sure.

not too worried about cooling th eplace down, one of the lounge walls opens completely.

• Like 4

cant go for a walk in the bush and find free electricity to run the heat pump or cook with.

Electricity is the best form of energy, well worth the cost.  Especially after you went to so much effort to not drop your container on the power lines.

• Like 5

Electricity doesnt look, smell, feel like burning wood. Electricity is only good when its there. I have yet to hear of a storm causing a 'wood supply' cut.

I find it quite a pleasant thing to spend a bit of time over summer creating a wood supply that'll see us through winter. Its always been free too.

• Like 3