Highlands 101, November 8-10, Cromwell

0R10N

There have been mutterings of people attending this event at Highlands Motorsport Park near Cromwell on the 8-10 November.

For those who don't know, here's some info about the event: http://www.highlands.co.nz/Calendar/Highlands-101-8-10-November-2013.asp

Have sorted out a self-contained unit at Pinewood in Queenstown for the nights of Fri 8 and Sat 9 that sleeps four at a cost of $30 per person per night - if anyone else wishes to join in on this deal please let me know. Booking confirmed as of Sun 22 Sep.

I'll be attending the racing on Saturday and Sunday (9 and 10 Nov).

Plan is to fly in to Chch on Friday 8, drive to/from Qtown with OS peeps, and fly out of Chch Monday 11 Nov via Welly for a gig and a catch-up with the Welly OS massive.

Amped!

Accommodation list for Pinewood:

1. Ed/Orion paid
2. Emma/SRAGE paid
3. Dane/danger paid
4. Hogan/427carguy paid

• Like 2

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old man KY mentioned only attending on the Saturday/Sunday, that should mesh well with your plans Emma. I was thinking of doing the same.

Still haven't heard if any of the Aucklanders are going down or not. Probably heard I was keen and decided to avoid disclosing anything to me ;)

I'm looking at flying out of Queenstown via Wellington to catch a gig with Sherie and the gang up there, which will facilitate an extra day's stay.

Just take some snow bunny mates down with you. Probably no snow then, but yeah.

Cardrona is closed by early October, and snowboarding mates will probably be saving all their leave for Xmas by that point, so I imagine they won't be super keen.

Will be there, nothing confirmed as far as accom goes but I'll just sort it all out then see whoever turns up at the track.

/cbf organising group shit. Easier to just sort number one, just turn up and enjoy the event rather than trying to fit in with 26 other peoples plans.

Ed I'm glad you think so highly of us Aucklanders.

• Like 1

ill be there covering the south island endurance series.

SO

FUCKING 

EXCITED!

If you want media get the forms in, they're needed to be submitted by the 30th and will be getting back to all applicants by the 8th of October. Very limited spaces according to the people on the phone!

• Like 1

Theres nothing in Cromwell and alex pretty full. They may need to try omarama or roxburgh if they cant find anything here

Dumb! Queenstown will probably be super expensive too.

Here's what I've sketched out as a very rough plan:

Fly in from Auckland on Fri 8th

Highlands 101 on Sat 9th and Sun 10th

Free day for sightseeing Mon 11th

Fly out to Wellington Tue 12th for gig, and then onwards to Auckland

which means I'd be looking at accommodation for Fri-Mon (4 nights).

Anyone else from Christchurch is keen on doing a mission down after work on the Friday and getting back for work on Monday morning? Unfortunately thats my only option at this point.

there's a promo on at the moment involving cheap flights from Auckland to Christchurch... perhaps I could fly in on Friday, and jump in your car for a roadtrip down?

Then sort out a way of getting back via Wellington - whether it be leaving from Chch or Qtown.

Ooh Ed, while you're down there, can you please grab my top from Emma and bring it up when you come to Scott Kelly?

(Sorry for freight spam)

Certainly! If Emma agrees to the roadtrip idea of course.

Okay just did a bit more sleuthing around on the Air NZ website and have turned up the following itinerary:

AKL-CHC for $45, departing Fri 8 Nov at 6:10am (i.e., Satan o'clock)

CHC-WLG for $59, departing Mon 11 Nov at 12pm

WLG-AKL for $39, departing Wed 13 Nov at 1pm

Would be even cheaper if I decided to travel without any clothes, haha.