Highlands 101, November 8-10, Cromwell

0R10N

That could work ed, i'd just have to find a car to make the trip down. The datsun is definately not a road trip vehicle.

Shaz when i'm back in nz i can just post it up to you so you get it sooner. Thanks again for lending it to me! :)

• Like 2

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spam and banter is all good!

KK-Khris, are you referring to platonic hugs? :P

I suppose the next step will be to lock in accommodation. Coldturkey's suggestion of Queenstown not being too extortionate might be the goes. There is a backpackers offering twin share rooms for around $70 per night - will look into this shortly, have a client meeting to attend first.

I've stayed at pinewood before, it's kinda like semi backpacker style but you can get whole self contained units that sleep 6 or more for like $120 a night. Get your own lounge, kitchen and bathroom etc. Good for groups.

http://www.pinewood.co.nz/

This place looks cosy, and a bit quieter than Base Backpackers which is the other place I was looking at yesterday that's right in the middle of town.

Looks like there are bookings still available for Fri and Sat too. Anyone else want in?

Received a reply from Pinewood re: accommodation.

I wasn't sure how many people wanted in, so made the inquiry for a group of four individuals.

Hi Ed and thanks for your enquiry

I am confident that the best option for your group is the following.
We have a self-contained unit available over this period which consists of:

1x double bed based in the same rooms as the lounge area and kitchenette area. There is also a small television in this room.
4x single beds based in an adjoining room.

This unit also comes with en-suite facilities and is priced at $120 per night based on 4 guests staying.

We could pencil you in for this if you like? We would need to take your full name, contact phone number, email address and a full credit card number with expiry date and would take payment on arrival.
Our reception closes at 9pm but we are more than happy to leave the keys out for you and take payment the following morning.
Please let me know what you think of this and if you have any more questions just ask!

We look forward to hearing from you

So for a group of four we're looking at $30 per person, per night (Friday and Saturday).