78rona's 1970 ms55 toyota crown discussion

78rona

Cheers guys yea was a good score! Pretty stoaked. Just took it for another good drive . Doesn't like changing down from 3rd to 2nd. Its crunching pretty nicely. Synchro's I guess . Its the original 2m box. Guess it'll be easy to swap to a w series ? Looking forward to doing this thing justice. Keeping my eyes out of wheels now. Anyone know of any ?

if the gearbox is the original 2M one then its a bit of a fuck around to change up to the W50.

you'll need a new bell housing and the gearbox obviously (try to get one with the middle shifter position) but the driveshaft has to be lengthened and you'll need to mod the gearbox mount.

the side rail shifter gearbox is really long for some reason. so the drive shaft will be to short and the gearbox mount is to far back.

you have to move the hole in the floor too, i haven't fitted up the console yet to see how the shifter works with it being a bit further back but it should be ok.

cheers for the info sheepers , all sounds pretty sweet apart the drive shaft side of it really , may just try to fix this box up in the mean time,

Looking for some seat belts for the back seats , Appco has the static ones for a pretty sweet price , just wondering if anyone has any lying around they'd want to sell?

Fuck yeah DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

makes me miss my old one HEAPS!

Fucken good score, like honestly, such a sweet find.

I like that color with the roof painted white, but thats just me, or even better make it a Vynal top!

Anyway, lowering is pretty much just the same as anything else.

I just run cut springs in mine with shorter shocks

Works fine, however, the rear shocks are a pain in the ass as they have a cross pin setup at the top, and the shortest ones i found happened to be the ms55 ones. MS65 are longer again, so that sucks

What i did for the back, was make an adapter to go from the cross pin setup to an eyelet, which was a plate bolted to the chassis where the original shock pin bolts went, and had two tabs welded on and just run a bolt through it instead.

Which meant i could run EYE/EYE shocks

Also, those gearboxes. DO NOT FUCK THE ONE THAT IS IN THERE DOING SILLY STUFF LIKE SKIDS

Mine was off the road for like 2 years trying to find a gearbox, they are impossible to find. and yeah, w-50 gear box change as sheepers said is a mission.

Fuck yeah DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1603.jpg

makes me miss my old one HEAPS!

Fucken good score, like honestly, such a sweet find.

I like that color with the roof painted white, but thats just me, or even better make it a Vynal top!

Anyway, lowering is pretty much just the same as anything else.

I just run cut springs in mine with shorter shocks

Works fine, however, the rear shocks are a pain in the ass as they have a cross pin setup at the top, and the shortest ones i found happened to be the ms55 ones. MS65 are longer again, so that sucks

What i did for the back, was make an adapter to go from the cross pin setup to an eyelet, which was a plate bolted to the chassis where the original shock pin bolts went, and had two tabs welded on and just run a bolt through it instead.

Which meant i could run EYE/EYE shocks

Also, those gearboxes. DO NOT FUCK THE ONE THAT IS IN THERE DOING SILLY STUFF LIKE SKIDS

Mine was off the road for like 2 years trying to find a gearbox, they are impossible to find. and yeah, w-50 gear box change as sheepers said is a mission.

Thats dam nice seedy!! cheers for the heads up on the lowering! may be a little while before I throw money at this , got a wedding to pay for this year!

great find dude..it didn't come from NP did it? remember one exactly like this floating around in NP 10 or so years ago... how'd you find it?

Don't think so mate , the last owner before me had it since 78, just happened to get told about it going for sale from a mate and jumped on it