Dell'orto's unreliable modern piece

Dell'orto

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 Months of motoring for $2k and a weekend is almost worth it though, as opposed to 2 years off the road while you save the $10k+ required to "do it the right way" and then lose motorvation and never get it back on the road at all.

I think you underestimate my stubbornness :lol: Have yet to give up on my Corolla after 7 years

• 9 months later...

Long time no update...various things have conspired against me. But finally stripped the motor tonight, and though I'd share some of the lols I had

all rtv.jpg

all the time.jpg

Gaskets are for rampant faggots

less clearance.jpg

No clearance.jpg

Side seal clearance is also for faggots

multipiece.jpg

Multi piece apex seals are cool though

singh groove.jpg

Singh grooves make horsepower!!!11

Plans are to make a sweet ornament, and then cry deeply. Might even fix it one day /not actually

• Like 4

Oh my god it's that Fucking orange goo.

Man that sucks so hard.

I'm n with rotaries but re: the side seal clearance. What wrong? Should there be a space by the apex??.

Guessing he means there is no gap, should be a small end gap there when assemble thus allowing for thermal expansion as the motor comes up to temp.

Who built the Motor?   Silicon Systems Automotive?

• Like 2

Oh my god it's that Fucking orange goo.

Man that sucks so hard.

I'm n with rotaries but re: the side seal clearance. What wrong? Should there be a space by the apex??.

So goddamn much of it too! I don't get it, the water seals etc look to be new, can't fathom why he felt the need to throw a couple of tubes worth of RTV at it :lol: There are/were a lot of new bits in this motor, shame  its all fucked

Should be slight clearance between the corner seals and side seals, factory specs are between 0.028 and 0.078mm. This has nada!

Guessing he means there is no gap, should be a small end gap there when assemble thus allowing for thermal expansion as the motor comes up to temp.

Who built the Motor?   Silicon Systems Automotive?

Haha previous owner built it - he owns a tyre shop, enough said

Sorry to hear dell'orto.   this shit fucks me off to no extent.   this is why I hate rotorfags lol

Nah the engine failure was 100% my fault, should have taken the Power FC out until I had proper fuel in it. However I don't know how long it would have lasted anyway!

I agree with the above, hence doing the re wire on mine including fuel pump etc. (FD link was used as an example)

In saying that, DTech has had success with FD links as a cheap alternative.

E.g. 243wkw out of a S7 which had the following:

EP block

FMIC kit

3 inch exhaust

FD Link.

Everything else was stock IIRC.

#DEMCHEAPGAINZ