Dell'orto's unreliable modern piece

Dell'orto

Assuming it hasn't broken two seals on both rotors of course...who knows poorly this engine was assembled, yesterday was the first time since its been rebuilt that its actually driven properly! PPRE also said it was knocking when they had it on the dyno, it could have damaged it then.

Yup factory cat, was just driving at the time. The way it just died didn't feel like an engine giving up either, I'm hoping once I take the UIM off I'll find the injector plugs have come undone or something :lol:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah rear is ok, low but it is a used housing. Front is proper fucked though, and that was the new one :? Ideally cranking RPM should be 250+, which would lift that rear one well into the 90s. Don't think the front would come up much more though!

So gutted for you man.

Demoralising, no doubt.

It did make me look on TM again for an FD though. They're still quite spendy though, cripes.

Yup has been a pretty shit year for me carwise this year! Pretty tempted to sell everything up and buy something modern and shit that I don't need to touch