Questions regarding polyurethane bushes

bosozoku_gx71

Hey guys, just getting some bushes made for my gx71. Have bc golds etc and its horrible on the old bushes so im getting the entire rear end made up in polyurethane but im just not sure what stiffness i want to go to. Obviously most people get red ones but is there much of a difference between red and yellow. Anyone with experience with either would be great to know what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

My understanding is the colour is brand specific rather than an indication stiffness.

If they are an indicator then I have no opinion as I've never noticed a difference. But as said above, make sure you use plenty of grease on assembly. Otherwise you will end up suicidal with squeaking.

Urethane bushes suck for noise.

I despise fitting them on my cars so if you are eating bushes then I would spend some time trying to figure out the cause of that problem rather than just replacing them with harder bushes.

Example when you are fitting the bushes, are you tightening the securing bolt with the suspension at droop. Problem with that is you are pre-loading the bushes once the car is sitting at ride height. Which is exaggerated in a slammed car. Best practice is to tighten the bolts once the suspension is settled at its road ride height.

There are possible other reasons like alignment and so forth but you may already be committed to urethane which is all good.

PS - use plenty of grease. :-)