DIY Fuel injection thread.

yoeddynz

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh, tbh  there isn't heaps of power to be had leaning it out from 11afr.  but   dipping down into the 10's,  usually makes a good power loss.  in saying different engines will make best power at different afr, so bit of a generalization. 

running 11 will usually just cost you more in gas

• Like 1

Also remember they are mostly tuning for peak power/ full throttle dragstrip/burnout stz. and they probably usually have more midrange than they know what to do with so giving up a bit there is not noticed really. And gas consumption under boost? who cares about that!

• 6 months later...

Never used slide throttles but they are gay.

You can inject before the throttle but you will probably have issues tuning idle and partial throttle. Race cars classes that only allow one injector per cylinder run the injector at the top on the trumpet, but they run wayyy flasher injectors and way higher pressures than us. Hence why most people run two injectors and stage them.

Sweet, well basically i wanted to give some a go for a while now and it seems like a good opportunity. Mostly I just want the injector infront of the throttle so I don't have to weld bungs to the gay cast al manifold. I was more talking spraying right onto the back of the throttle not at the start of the trumpet.