EURON8

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know ol man Glen Becker??

Tell him KK says Hi..

I knew him, havent talked to him in years. Got this car off my friend Ken who bought it off Becker when he decided fishing was king and wasnt going to do cars anymore.

Not sure on the twin round vs twin square, i like them both so much. But my biggest concern is vroom vroom. Sadly i wont be starting to work on this for a couple of weeks as i have a friends AE86 in my garage that im rebuilding the engine on. I have been in a cast since i stacked the trueno so i have been very slow to do any progress on anything (other then stripping my car with the assistance of friends and family).

So now im out of it im going to get strut right in so i can kick his car out and be done with it and bust out the welder.

So up for discussion is the exhaust manifold i was supplied.

12981.jpg

Beautiful piece of art, but a fundamental problem.

The wastegate will not, WILL NOT fit anywhere unless i relocate the brakes under dash with a wilwood setup similar to what KPR is running.

Would you A) build a new manifold moving the turbo 50mm forward so a wastegate can fit behind it, or top mount the setup and fit wastegate under it.

or B) jam brakes under the dash so u can keep the pretty manifold.

Im opting more for making something that will work rather then modifying hydrolic lines etc to make it work.

But it is such a pretty manifold...

Or make something like this:

00000005.jpg

DSC00846.jpg

Note the position more then the fact its in a tubeframe body

Where it's like a 2:1 section, couldnt you weld a pipe onto the side of that and mount the wastegate remotely?

Remaking a manifold seems a shitload easier than remounting brake booster etc.

I will get some photos today of possible wastegate positions to show. It will become extremely clear its going to be a bit of a problem when you see it.

I agree remaking manifold is much easier then relocating brakes. I have made a few manifolds now, but ive never relocated the brakes so not sure on the difficulty level. KPR will say it was easy, but he says that about everything.

get someone to machine up an adaptor to fit between the turbo and the manifold. make adaptor wedge shaped so that the turbo rotates slightly anti clockwise. thus swings the turbo closer to the engine. so, fat side of the wedge adaptor will be on the left in the pic. then bore a hole in the fat side of the wedge and drill/tap holes to bolt two bolt waste gate directly to adaptor so it's nice and compact.

I wonder if that makes sense