• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like.

what motor are you going to use????

also, what size are the wheels on it??

wheels are 14x6.5. dunno which ones ill use, got a set of standard non charger type ones as well. going to get some wided to heaps, ive got a set of eagers to go on it.

engine will get a spraycan reco, its only a 273, but it runs well, its got a holley 2 barrel and my brothers got a set of headers laying around so thats what it shall recieve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What manor of 4bbl manifold you got for the poor old Girl Clint?

got an edelbrock performer dual plane. might keep my eyes peeled for a vac sec carb as well- since its not a powerhouse i would like to get reasonable economy out of it

haha yeah hopefully.

checked the block and head casting numbers, couldnt find any info with the block numbers but it is a `67 block, the head casting numbers say they are `68-`72 318 heads, no adjustable rockers. when i was looking for a manifold, there was a factory early 273 4 barrel manifold on the tard,i did some research and the early 273 engine had heads specific to that engine with manifold bolts/threads on a different angle to all the other LA engines.

• 3 weeks later...

you wanna have a yarn to Shaun (the guy you met in my shed the other week) he's written a book about chrysler motors, has many hookups for all things mopar?

hes a good sort and knows alllllll the train spotting facts about such things.

hit me up if you want his number.

if ur gonna slam it,be sure to check the underbody in the middle,under the seat,mine had a massive crack from years of bumpstop slamage.

That rust in the front lower caps (end of sill) is common as,they all go there.Ther only val ive not seen rust there was my vg coupe.

Looks to be a good honest body for a ute,they tended to get a bit more abuse than the cars and wagons.