MRMK1's Val wag/corpse taxi

danger

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Thanking you but nah, mine are good. The tinfoil trims are a bit wasted though,well not Valiant-spec material! If i make wide steels i could potentially use my hubcaps again like Cletus, or bullet caps as per my old Cortinawag

Not 100% sold on tridies, but I do know what you mean/probably why im not 100% sold on tridies :o

• 3 months later...

If you are worried about the excessive camber you can get do it within coo-ee with a plumb-bob and a rule - plus a little bit of measuring and maths.

I'm not sure if Vals are an eccentric or the top arm is spaced out. If its spaced you will need to buy some spacers - or make some..

But once you know how the camber is adjusted then its easy enough to get it to close enough then get them to finish it off properly.

edit - according to this page and pictures it looks like eccentric bolts so it should be a piece of cake - especially if you can adjust them without jacking the car up or while in a pit..

http://www.drhemi265.com/WheelA.html

rail.jpg

dscf6064zf.jpg

i did a diy alignment on my vg

id read somewhere that vals suffer from a lack of caster/factory spec is none. so i just maxed out the adjustment inwards on the rear of the arm, and outwards on the front, and set the toe by watching what the tyre does- roll it foward, if the tyre bulges out at the bottom and tucks back in when you roll it back, it has toe out. i adjusted it until the tyre doesnt change when it rolls foward and back. this was meant to be temporary but ended up driving it like that for ages. when i went to get a wheel alignment the only thing he adjusted was the toe- a little bit of toe in to counteract the camber- which was about 2 degrees. toe out is more of a tyre killer than camber too.

here are some specs from a charger book i have,

p8300047.jpg

Thanks men, i was linked to an epic write up on nzmopar forum also..

I got top and bottom control arm bushes today for much less than i expected. I just now have to find the time and skill to install. Looks to be a top notch fuck of a job. And i have zero time to do it.

My fix? Put the old rims on the front and give a shit until I get a weekend off