Kevo's 1984 Toyota Starlet KP61

Kevo

• 4 months later...

you would be best to find another car to cut sections from for most of those bits i reckon, but if they are common rust spots (?) then might be a fruitless search, then you would have to go with making your own.

that rust is pretty bad tho so you surely will be able to find a wrecked one in better condition in those particular spots (ie top of spare wheel well? wtf?) or at least have much smaller patches to make to patch up your repar panels

whats the worst that can happen? cut it out and start over?

As much as I would like to buy a car for spares, I don't have the space to store it :(. I think the rust in the foot wells is the only common rust my car has. The rust at the top of the spare wheel well is strange, there must have been a prang there or something prior to its dodgy rust repairs. It cant be that hard to fix it all, as its all reasonably simple shapes to bend up. I will try to find a back cut, as it will surely come out nicer and hopefully be easier.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...