• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After XS left is when shit got real.

Wheel shimmys were had

Wheel bearing nuts were tightened

Steering faults were deemed terminal

And trailer towing was arranged for tomorrow.

The above relates all to one car

Whose gana tell Brad I broke his car? Dam c-ment in way of cross member...

Thanks so much guys, Sarah really got to see first hand what OS Boe-hood is aboot!!!

Legends, will trade again.

Let's get the story started.

The Northshore boys and a girl got down to the car park way ahead of everyone else; I heard they gave some old lady a heart attack in the tunnel. yeh, why do you have an exhaust if you don't use it!

Great to see Evan and Yowser showed up! From Hamilton!

I started to dish out drinks. soon, the whole car park is jammed. we have Nis,Toys,Mazs,Mits,Fords,etc. awesome turn out. The weather played a huge part of the show. Very very nice. Tai's mint mint mirage turbo really stole my attention.

We got the harley dave going. Jesus titi Christ, that thing was loud~! and boy it felt like it was going to crash at any speed. It was the last word for precision engineering and perfection!

The people I met at toyspeed meat showed up with dx corolla and wagon. Sadly they didn't come down for the burgers. I think they're great.

I finally returned daves top to dave and liv, great~! so I cleared out some storage space in my head.

Meanwhile, Richie was working the camera like there's no tomorrow.

This may sound bit gay but when I saw Slacker Cam's car showed up. I was so excited and trying to find him all over the place, then I found him inside of my car...... Cam we really missed you man, great to see you back!

As usual, we headed down to get some burgers. Oldschool people jammed the entire entrance. So we ate and chatted. We had very very good time as normally we do.

I recall one of many jokes that I probably shouldn't have said. My apologies here and I wish I could take it back.

It went something like this:

Evan: Is that your bf? (Pointed at Karl.)

Amy: no,no, that's my brother.

LingLing: Yeh that's her brother, her boyfriend is here (point at myself)

Amy: ">..<.........(with her forehead against the table)

Evan: yeh...this just went downhill......

Everybody was heading home, Tim and his wife left with his loud exhaust. 5 seconds later, he drove back. ummm, low and slow don't always work I guess. Road bumps don't care about your car.

We felt very sorry for tim but at the same time some of us were fortunate see oldschool in action, Tai pulled his tool bag out, I mean seriously it had whole set of sockets, Allan keys,a long power bar and 2 hammers? Really? And few bits of other tools.

Chris,Ed and two other boys (sorry names) were right onto it. I wish I could help but as many of you may know that I am only good at fucking shit up. So I got Tim a beer and trying to cheer him up abit.

So this is oldschool: we cruise, we meet, we drink, we eat, we fuck up, we repair, we chat,miss and regret.

Old school meets are pretty much the same but different each time as I mentioned in the New Year Christchurch meet I went to.

It's very psychologically addictive, could be very challengeable and always very interesting.

I can pretty much guaranty you have an unforgettable time every time you show up to an old school meat.

It’s like dating a girl that she amazes you every time you see her. And this is the girl you are going to fall in love with……….

Yours

Andy Ling

^ that was almost poetic, haha.

ASB's eftpos didn't fall over and I didn't have to leave the meet early, so that was good. The on-call engineer was having a hell of a time though, from the sounds of it.

Also I discovered the alternator belt on the BFMR slips in a bad way whenever the headlights are on. Had a sweet belt slip-off with truckity :D

sux about the shubit but good to see OSGC in action!

(wheres the facepalm emoticon)

Everyone at Camp Crazytim is crazy tired... after the shenanigans and Tai getting us back to Browns Bay we had to pack kids into wifeys car (OS username: blondie) and drive back to Muriwai, get kids to bed, have crap nights sleep, woke up late. Sarah has just said she feels like we were drinking last night... post Chuv-wrecking blues? Got first kid out the door in time for bus (just)... 2nd kid being prepped for daycare as I type... think I'll drop her off at daycare and rock home for coffee/brekkie/cuddles with long suffering wife.

Was super glad she was with me, she would never have believed I wasn't driving too fast when I bottomed out on that damned ramp!

shit got real.

Cheers to Tai for the use of his tools (I normally have my tool box in the car but tonight they made way for a microwave???).

It looks like the rack boot on the left hand side of the steering rack had slipped off at some stage and the grease had jumped out! it was pretty dry in there. the smack at the bottom of the ramp has rooted the bush at the end of the rack (and the ball joint). that combined with a loose wheel bearing resulted in the LHS wheel being sloppy as my diddle in your collective mothers.

Good meat!

Was a good demonstration of OS comradeship for Raholio (who, assuming the registration works this time, will be a member as of today). Always enjoy the almost magnetic attraction a broken vehicle has. Like flies to honey.

Once again a huge turn out - who the hell were half those people? Forgot the name tags, but will definitely bust them out for the next meet - getting so hard to keep track of everyone.

Had some interesting conversations with a variety of people. Ate an amazing burger filled with creamcheese. Closed my eyes and hoped no cops appeared while Chris rode the 'Harley Dave/$tephen' down the road too fast/loud/helmetless. Had a belt squeal-off with the 80s Kid familiar. Procurred a beer.

Good night.

ps. driving behind Ute'ity and 80 skids........ the screeching of belts was lol worthy.

pps. sorry to Edrion, I didnt realise that my lights were on highbeam until I hit the motorway. My mittle steering wheel obscures the highbeam warning light. But, no doubt you were wearing your sunglasses at night, so not an issue.