Prozacs antidepressant - starion

felixx

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can figure out, all the EVO ecu's (up to an VIII anyway) are looking for the same pattern, this one:

MitsyTriggering.jpg

The early stuff gets everything from the CAS, its got two optical circuits in it. For the later stuff like the motor the head you're using is from, they switched to a separate crank trigger, and a different (apparently better) cam sensor setup, but the combination of the signals will be the same as the early stuff.

The Mazda CAS should output the same signals as the mitsy one's I'm pretty sure, I seem to remember something about MX5's using the same pattern... But if I were you, I'd put on a separate crank trigger, and use the mitsy cam trigger on the back of the head (if you have room)

Crank triggering from the crank itself is better, as you eliminate timing belt whipping and flex issues that become apparent when getting a crank position signal from a cam mounted sensor.

I really should have put a proper crank trigger on mine, but its just a SOHC poo box, so should be okay, heh :).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reg on hold, just needs putting back together really. It had a paint job around 5 years ago and has sat in a garage since then. Its been on trademe for aaaaaaaaages, I finally relented :).

I'm glad you did because I was quite keen for a while haha, but I shouldn't be spending monies.