Prozacs antidepressant - starion

felixx

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much any of the cheaper aftermarket throttles I've seen leak, for example:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/core-engine/auction-524445893.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/carburation-induction/auction-525709202.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/carburation-induction/auction-524264599.htm

I'd be very surprised if they didn't leak.

I tried welding the throttlebody, yeah. It just kept blowing shit back and making a general mess. I double chucked all my settings, even welded something else just to check my setup, and it was all good... Just a shitty casting I reckon. I took it to my dad's work and used the linisher to flatten it back a bit more, but got a little carried away and have wrecked it now, hah... I'll head to pick a part tomorrow morning and nab another one. Hopefully it'll be cast out of nicer stuff!

I also cut the lower FIAV/ISC assembly in half, I'll plate over the FIAV part and that'll help clean things up a bit.

Interestingly, the original trigger wheel from the distributor provides what look like the correct cyl 1 cam reference pulse, but just doesnt have the second cam pulse. With some careful measuring, and using a DOHC cas to get the angle and width the secon pulse needs to be, I reckon I could cad something up and have a trigger wheel laser cut... Wonder how much that would cost?

Priced up having a trigger wheel laser cut. Everyone seems to have a minimum charge of about $50, which I'll be able to get a bunch done for. Not as expensive as I was anticipating, so that'll be the way to go.

I've stuffed up the manifold slightly though, and you can't install the optical distributor with the upper manifold section in place. It hits just where the throttlebody flange is. I built it around the stock distributor, thinking it'd be about the same size, but the optical dizzy is a bit bigger. I'll get around it by using a stock distributor, chopping the top off, and welding a DOHC CAS housing to it, same effect, but I can make it more compact. Bit of machining on the original distributor shaft to get it the right length and the right profile on the shaft for the disc, should be all good. Plus, this way it's custom, and custom is cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with above. I always like your updates.

You do of course realise I will be kidnapping you and your cat from Laura while she's at work and relocating you in my shed when time comes to starting my car with its new dang dangled electronic fuel infection. I will ply you with coffee.

• 1 month later...

Cool. I am interested to see how you go with the MR2 PS pump.

I've seen one race car too and I'd like to convert one of my Valiants at some stage.

It's good that you are sticking with the orignal motor, when do you think it will be on the road again?

Edited by Valiant

Hopefully not too far away. Things like the Dash and Rack and Pinion conversion aren't going to make it into this round of modifications, so they're isn't too much more to do apart from wiring, exhaust and a splash of paint here and there.

Have to build the new motor for it too, so will have to get onto the machine shop and get things moving there.

Ive got a whole front s13 setup sitting under the workbench, but it'll require a bit of jiggery pokery weldy weldy to get it to all fit nicely. The hardest part, IMO, will be adding support to the column on the firewall, and getting it connected to the rack properly.

hay Zac

have you thought about a EPSU from the likes of a suzuki swift/alto ?

its just a electric pwoer steering unit all on the coloum so you wont have to change the steering rack itslelf.

i have one sitting in my garge at the moment (its been sold but you can still have a look if you want)

let me know

dan