Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

Ned, the car is not kouki, it is zenki, there is no such diagnose port for both of my cars on the fire wall.

yes, it is running mega squirt, no wonder, so what's going on? what should I do?

edit:

so now, this is going to be bit hell for me isn't it?

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No shit, so mine must have been ordered with the two tone blue? Always thought it was weird the first owner of mine lived in Hams but the car came from Timaru.

Mr Ling, what are your plans for your 86's? Are you going to sell one or keep both? (too lazy to read thread)

^ The rules may not apply to the NZ cars? my uncles NZ new one is blue also

Yeah should have said that Silver car/Blue interior is a JDM thing, NZ New cars were all over the place, even seen one with Brown & Tan but in full GT Apex trim, not the brown/red that is most common.

just got conformation from rob, these three plugs are indeed diagnose plugs, and I guess the one I am jumping it is the right one, but megasquirt sucked.

Its nothing to do with the megasquirt sucking, you can plug a fucking laptop into it hence why you dont need shitty diagnostic ports. Just put the dizzy back in the correct place using the method described earlier and use a timing light to set it 10deg, job done

yeh^ and after you set it up like 4AG_Addict said. it should run. but need to connect laptop to ms and set base timing properly, suggest getting someone who know what they are doin to do this.

I probably have had over 7-10 gos using the method that has mentioned. sometimes it wanted to start, but can't still farting heaps.

could it be no fuel?

Didn't achieve a thing today errh, this thing really pisses me off, I am scrapping it.

I'll give you $1200 for it as is.

Sounds like you might be timing it 180' out. Next time look through the oil filler hole and check what the cam lobes are doing. If the #1 lobe is pointing outwards, you'll be in compression.

The other method is to take the #1 plug out and place a clean screwdriver in there. Rotate the engine until the screwdriver is at it's highest point (you should be able to feel it). Then line up the dots on the dizzy and carefully place it in the hole. If it lands a tooth or more out, your engine won't run.

100% confident.
Today has NOT gone that well,
100% confident.
also,been searching hard on the internet, but pretty much just trial and error at the moment.
100% confident.
so what's going on? what should I do?
100% confident.
could it be no fuel?.
100% confident.
I am scrapping it.
100% confident.
blame myself massive cock up. I completely ignored everything everyone has said thats why my project discussion is up to 23 pages in as many days.

good thing you are confident dude.

but seriously, why dont you listen or do some research before you attempt half this shit. best of luck with your endevours but 23 pages of simple Q&A is mindboggling.

grab a haynes manual, go to the tech forum, even hit the search button for christ sakes! we arnt your mother. time to cut the apron strings boy or pay someone to work on it.

Can someone please help Andy - poor guy has got himself in a predicament - he tried something and fucked up.

Poor ol Andy has next to no experience. TBH with the instructions given and photos provided it should be a cakewalk. But it obviously is proving to be a problem and andy may fuck something if he keeps trying shit. Timing engines is a tricky thing to do the first couple of times even with someone helping...

I'm looking at Toyota gurus Ned or Slack Cam..

I would head over and do it this weekend but I'm at the wrong end of the Island.

done. he did a good enough job tbh. was just 180deg out :-) am now going to lunch with ling ling in a car he changed the rear end on and he did something else to the front i believe but didnt bleed the front brakes... i wish i knew this before i got in the car ! if im not at nats, this is probably why.

xoxo

ned