Willdat?s Volvo 850 T5-ARRRRRRRGH

Willdat?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an 850 T5 before - such a fun car for the little money you spend. Also it seems all the people asking about the whereabouts of the T5-R rims on the auction don't realise the T5-R can come with the 16" T5 rims as a no-cost option for a smoother ride.

What are your plans for it?

Sweet rims with a dose of height reduction would be nice

Stripped out, caged, manualized and running on large semislicks and it would be pretty bloody sweet

This will be my first non-jap car sooooo, playing it by ear to see if it runs well first...and also how that oil leak plays out :lol:

Yeah, I spotted that 16s were an option, guessing that hype put people off. T5-R 17s would be nice but I'm guessing rocking horse shit?!

As for condition...I haven't seen it yet...I know, I know, my wife sympathises with the face palms! Anyone after a Slim Xbob 360 with Kinnect and Forza 4! :lol:

my one kept throwing up the O2 sensor error lamp and the tail lamp holder was very fiddly leading to some of the bulbs not working and the lamp coming up on the dash. The roof lining had some down so was ripped off entirely and the top of the dashboard around the center air vents and glovebox was warped which are common faults. They have a Mitsubishi TD04 turbo (quite small) but unfortunately doesn't share flanges with any other Mitsubishi turbos. You could perhaps find a larger turbo cartridge from later model S60s/S80s etc to fit on.

bargain...

dont expect huge power, ive driven a couple of volvo turbs,didnt have the neck breaking boost like an evo or wrx, just very smooth,not peaky.

id love to see some BTCC stance happening..

auto so shouldnt be too thrashed ae...good score

bargain...

dont expect huge power, ive driven a couple of volvo turbs,didnt have the neck breaking boost like an evo or wrx, just very smooth,not peaky.

id love to see some BTCC stance happening..

auto so shouldnt be too thrashed ae...good score

From my current Demio/Vitara stable it will be quite a change...plus at that money I don't have a huge amount to lose!