Willdat?s Volvo 850 T5-ARRRRRRRGH

Willdat?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thought, good to have another perspective, just in case it was that simple! The amount of guard clearance is ridiculous <10mm fore and aft of front wheels. I have no idea how it actually turns. No more slam is possible until I get correct tyre profile. It's going to be a wedding car next weekend so I've got to get polishing.

Priorities

1 Radiator Leak Interim fixed Rislone liquid copper

2 Blown blub warning (only because it should be a quick fix) Fixed

3 LH Indicator flashing faster when braking (hopefully sorted with 2) Fixed

4 ABS check light sorting Hasn't had issues rxsumo described in the 500 km or so I've driven it so assuming it's not an issue when ABS control unit has no fuse...still needs to be fixed properly

5 SRS check light sorting

6/7 Oil leak Interim fixed Rislone rear main seal repair, has definitely decreased it, need to go nuts with degreaser to confirm

6/7 Rear engine mount

8 Rotate tyres and get 205/50-16s for front

9 Loose headlining stuck back on! fixed, then hot day peeled it again...currently staple gunned...

10 PROFIT!

I had a MkIII Golf VR6 that had a sagging head lining - I pulled the whole lot out, removed the foam from the cardboard backing and bought some generic material from spotlight for like $11 and used Ados F2 contact adhesive in a spray can to stick it on. I couldn't find a fabric to match the original material but it looked close enough to the un-trained eye and the results were good considering how much money I spent (less than $40, which was better than the $200 quoted by a pro to do it). I guess your biggest problem would be removing the cardboard backing through a side door of a sedan, at least mine was a hatch which made things easier.