Villiers Velo Racer

kicker

i got tones of 6mm copper pipe but in auckland how much u need i can send some down if u like? and Fuck yes back wheel is sick!!!!

Cheers for the offer man, much appreciated I'll try local first though

choice kicker! i should be able to help you on the copper line.

Cool, only need about a metre, need to drop your patch off to you too

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You taken it for a run? is the rear engine running properly now?

Not yet

Yeah rear engine is good now, was a massive hole in the inlet where I cut n shut it, slopped some jbweld on it, job done.

I need to make some steering stops, the rake makes it such a pain in the ass to handle, some kind of stand would be good too

Keen as, all ready to roll now

Had nothing to do today so I changed the footpegs as the heel to flywheel/clutch tolerance was pretty small, new ones are kiddies handlebars with the old plates and rubbers mounted.

20130510_155524.jpg

20130510_160000.jpg

20130510_160011.jpg

20130510_160134.jpg

20130510_160149.jpg

20130510_160127.jpg

• Like 2

It doesn't look like you have much lean angle with those pegs. Maybe lift them up higher or make them folding? Dragging pegs and lifting the the front wheel is bad for your health, ask how I know haha

Looks great man good job. I have respect for the ability to scratch (sorta) build stuff like this.

My one issue would be the obsession with the unkempt look with these sorts of projects? I think a bit of paint would be sweet. I'm gonna guess it's to do with more focus on getting them running and then is kinda forgotten/too hard basket

The pics are a bit deceptive, there is about 33 degrees lean angle before they touch down, it isn't much but still more than a factory Harley lol. If I go fast enough to touch down I'll definitely change them to some foldup pegs.

The finish on mine is down to pure laziness haha, if I get it running sweet I might treat it to some paint for dromageddon, I quite like the green and yellow on the tank and I've been thinking of polishing the flywheels for some bling.

• Like 2

My porting was extremely basic, it involved rounding of the bottom of each intake port with a die grinder. I think it worked though because when i rode it afterwards it seemed to have a bit more torque and a higher top speed.