Skyrine - Goon Spec

coldturkey

Having some problems taking ages to get warm, and it never really gets up above 1/3 on the temperature gauge. Suspected it was missing thermostat but nope.

Tested it and it opens and closes sweet, didn't check temperatures with a thermometer though.

Maybe it is overactive/opening too soon?

Mmmm Thermostat for lunch.

DSCF1294Medium.jpg

have always had amguilty pleasure for these. some nice rims and subtle slam would be perfect. completly drivable and lush while looking choice

I agree actually. I remember seeing them when I was real young and thinking they were sweet.

Always wanted to own one and the opportunity came up. Need to source some sweet wheels - anyone got any lying around?

have always had amguilty pleasure for these. some nice rims and subtle slam would be perfect. completly drivable and lush while looking choice

i like your style mr beaver, this is exactly what i wish to do, then drive it errry day.

do like turkey, keen to see what you do with this.

have a look at the rubber seal around the thermostat plunger.

it only takes a tiny amount of water to bypass the thermostat for it to not get up to temp.

for what they're worth id chuck a new one in it anyway.

sweet wagon too by the way.

sheepers.

Well you might think that but went and priced up a new stat, $60 from Supacheap, $70 from ripco.

Nah I think I'll live with it.

"Enjoy your stay, make yourself at home"

Bogan

Funniest thing was went this old guy walked past, was like "Having car troubles?". I was all "Nah not really, just tinkering".

Oh and using all the pots and pans and plastic bowls in the cupboard to store the coolant in while I checked the thermostat, should have taken a photo of them all lined up outside my room.

No dish/partswasher unfortunately. Although the dishes get done by room services errday. Wonder what would happen if I left some car parts in the sink?

i suspect it be a rb oil pump being a common prob. related question maybe.

which maybe of consequence if it had millions of horsepowers and suffered daily rapings or had just generally been malnourished in its childhood.

please apply some slam and some 15x8 knockoff rims then sell for $6k and make us all jealous

• 3 weeks later...