Nizfest, November 5th - Hampton Downs

0R10N

::edit:: this is now a thread about Nizfest on November 5th at Hampton. Who's keen to have a look around?

also depending on whether I can secure two places in the show and shine I'm thinking of displaying both DR30s at said event.

If so, I'm looking for volunteer to drive the coupe down and hang out at Hampton Downs hopefully not too bored out of your skull. Can pay for voluntary services with beer.

chur.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't think it will either, but cheers anyway. I may possibly need to borrow it when my Familia finally moves house.

Forgot to mention the event costs $10 to spectate. Guess I'll pay the entry fee for whoever does end up volunteering to come down for the day.

regarding coming down for the day - the more the merrier, but be aware it costs $10 each to spectate :D

maybe carpooling will be the go, four up in each of the Skylines?

we should have organized an oldschool stand for Nizfest (similar to what SDU are doing) but I guess it's not an event that features on the radar of any important people here.

KK, the problem with Hirepool/Hirequip is that because they don't do weekend returns you're stuck with the trailer until 7am Monday morning, which is fine if you have space to park it up for a day with suitable security, and a tow vehicle to return it at the arsecrack of dawn right in the middle of rush hour traffic.

However I have neither of these two things. So in the past I've had to leave the trailer on the side of the road for two nights with a bike chain through the wheels hoping that no one steals it, then made a bunch of frantic phone calls trying to obtain an alternative tow vehicle for the Monday and had to fight with HR to get an hour's leave just to drop the trailer off during business hours. And then got charged another half day because I didn't make the 7am deadline :doubt:

No matter, I think I might have band-aid repaired squid enough for it to make the journey there under its own power...

Not sure if I appreciate the new snarkiness...

but I am a member of the AA so I'll keep that option in reserve.

Ned/Cam/whoever: how long were you keen to hang around for on the day? Just got some info about the event saying show and shine participants should ideally be there by 8am and stick around until 4pm but there's nothing stopping us from leaving at any time.

if you use the hireace (onehunga) trailer they close at 6pm sunday

if your later than that, the dudes a good guy, im sure if you left it at the factory he would pick it up for 20 bucks or someshit

on his way to work/its about 200m away.

Not sure if I appreciate the new snarkiness...

Don' think there was any, AA plus is a very valuable asset when driving around in old cars imo. Reduces migraine inducing situations to mere headaches.

I've found most hire places pretty lax on returns, just spark up a yarn and let them know your intentions when you go round to pick it up - old codgers love having yarns.

It's like smiley faces for them

Make a post if you want an oldschool stand - it's not exclusively a mod or area rep privilege to organise things (however if the event is carrying the oldschool name then I guess it best have our collective blessing) but I think a lineup will provide worthwhile exposure for the community.