OldNathans RX30 Cressida 1UZ discussion

OldNathan

Yeah this is the plan. I have raised it to about 50mm off the ground. I might let the air out of the tire and see what it looks like(I know I will have to account for road gradient etc) but at the moment still looks sexual. Just picked up my cert plate, time to rivit it on this arvo.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers dude. Would love to catch up and see your car one day if it doesnt sell. I came from being an Aristo nut because I loved the 2JZ, so now Im into old stuff yours is one piece of ace.

Putting the new box tonight( another W50 but it feels bloody mint) just bolt in before I go 55 or 58 and have to change the housing etc.

• 4 weeks later...
Looks better without the oil cooler imo. But then I'm not really a fan of that style anyway.

+1,ive always been a fan of a stock body dumped on rims with the magic hidden(engine conversions etc).are you going to remount cooler in same place or move it??

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

Just something else about your diff etc. and getting sorted with discs on the rear.

For the brakes on mine, this is what the bracket/caliper looks like:

rearcaliperbracketke1.jpg

dsc01321pz1.jpg

So uses facelift SW20 MR2 rear caliper and bracket, Front disc from a P11 primera wagon, and the bracket that doubles as the bearing holder thing.

However if you want all of the above to fit under a 14" wheel (and have better front/rear brake bias)

You can use prefacelift SW20 MR2 caliper and bracket, and then you'll need a 263mm x 17mm disc instead of 280mm x 20.

If you guys flick me an email address I'll send you that CAD drawing for the caliper bracket. 8)

• 6 months later...

How come you're thinking of selling?

Been off work since January and ACC doesnt cut it. Work has started again but if it doesnt cover everything we need it to its something I am willing to part with to feed family. And I know I would always build another once my arm healed and I was back to work.

Nooooooo not happy, get a job you bum, buy/sell more vans

What! All this time I have been to surgeon and he is telling me I cant work at all when I could have just come to you and got the go ahead and made money!!?? I got ripped off. Hahah. Your a dick plus bring the Jager I'll bring the Red bull tonight.