Alistair's borrowed Nan's car again...

Alistair

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a boss already on the downpipe mate, unless you got some funky oxy sensor with different thread...

Too close for permanent wideband installation to last really. Would probably be ok for bits of tuning here and there, but since I'm not borrowing the wideband I'd rather install it and leave it in there. Piece of mind to pop the bung in downstream a little further away from heat I think, have read a lot of comments on people having put wideband oxy's within 5" of turbo and having them fried under 6 months.

• 2 weeks later...
that's impressive! quite high power for relatively low boost! when did the HG pop in regards to that run?

Couldn't say, after that run when it was idling the lower hose blew off (due to rad cap not opening) he then tested with overflow bottle slowly running it up and 6000rpm it started to push water through.

Good numbers man, torque curve is fat as! I always knew there was more left in it, though gave up trying to get more power after kris tuned it to white knuckles @ 16psi, will be super loose on new tune! Much left in the injectors at 19psi?

Good numbers man, torque curve is fat as! I always knew there was more left in it, though gave up trying to get more power after kris tuned it to white knuckles @ 16psi, will be super loose on new tune! Much left in the injectors at 19psi?

Yep injectors were good to go, the limiting factor would have been the map sensor, which was the same issue I had on the 4e at 21psi haha. Was even good timing there still!

could it be that once the water fell out of the engine it cooled too quickly? and something warped, or maybe just a part of something cooled too quickly and warped?

amazing power though

gotta say, with that avatar, I keep imagining peter griffin is making the comments

would have blowen before dropped water. pressurized the radiator and popped hose off. they suffer from weak headbolt syndrome. whack some decent bolts in them an will be ok.

alistair: giz a gezz at that fancy speedtech tune

would have blowen before dropped water. pressurized the radiator and popped hose off. they suffer from weak headbolt syndrome. whack some decent bolts in them an will be ok.

alistair: giz a gezz at that fancy speedtech tune

Will do when its back together, not keen on turning it onand spraying the engine bay with petrol with the fuel rail off haha.