Alistair's borrowed Nan's car again...

Alistair

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much want those too.

Goodyear Timaru dude will probably get mad influx of 3 orders in the next few weeks. He'll be blowen away etc

Let us know how they feel on the road. Might pay to find a smooth road as most semi's don't seem the best on our rough roads.

Did you get the YHI guys to chuck them on, how much did they charge you?

Nah just rolled a random Firestone down here cost me $100 to have them swapped over and balanced.

Let us know how they feel on the road. Might pay to find a smooth road as most semi's don't seem the best on our rough roads.

They're obviously a little harder, and like a lot of semis, it's given the car a straight cut gears sound at cruising speed :lol: Not a huge concern to me, it's a noisy tin can as it is, hence wasn't fussed about any extra noise they were going to cause. Hope to get out this weekend and give it a thump on the motorway/wellington goat track.

Achilles are OK. We've been running them on a lot of club race cars down here and they stack up OK against the competition.

There's still a good couple of seconds per lap if you step up to an R888 and I think that the Nittos will be even better (and will retail for around $250 per tyre at a guess).

Yeah I'm not getting overly serious so R888's are a no go for the time being.

I did however put my new rotors on today, cheap courtesy of Nick at North Shore Toyota!

IMAG0035.jpg

And had my injectors ultrasonically cleaned, new washers/seals, replaced tips etc.

IMAG0036.jpg

Bling bling. Adjusted the clutch pedal so it doesn't engage 1mm off the floor now too. Much nicer. Got to bed these rotors in tomorrow then new pads and fluid over the weekend and see if I can get it up to Palmy for dyno next week!

I recognise that wheel arch, looks less filth encrusted than I remember it... Howd the injectors go? All sweet? Matt here btw

I was going to clean the arches but then put it in the too hard basket haha. Spray pattern was a little weird but overall ok. Think on Kris's suggestion I'm going to have it tuned on Evo injectors just to be sure.

Yeah a lot nicer having lsd!

Picked out the Injector drive wires

IMAG00358.jpg

Smashed in some resistors

IMAG003684.jpg

And tucked it all away again

IMAG003732.jpg

Not pictured, the 560cc Evo injectors I have installed which required the above resistors. Just got to get some square type injector plugs (holler out if someone has 4!) wired in then hopefully dyno next Friday and I'll be Taupo ready!

Thanks Bromos. Wideband wired up, getting sensor bung welded in tomorrow then it should be honky dory.

Also need to get it tuned asap, waiting to hear back on Speedtech pricing. Would make it easy being in Wellington and certainly well known for extracting the ponies. Hmm...