Abuse Grumble about his Hilux here.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, yeh that needs some rims pretty bad.

Getting steels widened aint no thang any how, plus the ones on TM have been widened inwards (the rears) to suit that guys car, so not sure what the fitment would be like on other cars.

I need to have a good ol think about the style I want, my original idea was std width black steels with white walls and dome hubbies (Kinda like sparks ute) this could also work with no white walls. The other is widened black steels with no hubbies and possibly tires with white lettering? (Kinda like KK's crab)

I dont think white walls look good on this.at all. would look super lush/sweet with a simple set of widened (tastefully, not super wide) steels with dome hupcaps. white walls + yellow = shivers down spine (and not the god sort).

just my 2 cents

I'm not feeling the wide whites on it tbh - try pee-shopping some thin whites on it instead, but thus far, leaning to bigger diameter steels (15 or 16") with beauty rings and caps ftw. Oh yeah and normal tyres.

Paint wheels something that's not black - my vote goes to a metallic violet. Fit trims and caps and win life.

No love for the white walls ayy :D

I started thinking about different coloured wheels last night, but metallic violet didnt cross my mind? Once I get my hands on some bigger rims I will work out how much wider to go. I dont want to go much more than an inch wider (all on the outside) on the front, but the back could go piss loads wider (I intend on putting a 1uz (ol mr original here :rolleyes: ) in it at some point, so wouldnt hurt to have wider rims on the back). I intended on going to 15's to help the gearing a bit anywho, thing needs bigger wheels/a 5th gear pretty bad.

I will have another go at photoshopping at some point, even tho it shits me to tears, with std tires, dome hubbies, and different coloured rims.

Ideas on what coloured rims may look ok with yellow? I guess creams/tans/bronzes may look ok? Red's been done to death, so maybe a subtle green or blue? Being bright yellow it could look kinda comical tho with too brightly coloured wheels?

Any ford steel rim experts on here?

Mr Sparkle suggested these 16" late model coon rims:

173667326_full.jpg

And then I found these 15" items from an earlier model coon:

173683211_full.jpg

Going by those pics, it looks like the later model ones have horrendous positive offset? Did they go to FWD spec offset in the newer coons? The guy running the auction on the 16's is to retarded to tell me what the offset is, and i'm to retarded to find out what it is on the net, any help would be great.

• 3 weeks later...