Abuse Grumble about his Hilux here.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sooo I need to find some 16" rims that will fit this. I've spent the last few months trying to find some 15's that will fit with no luck, cant understand why its so hard to find coon rims? Sparks pointed out some coon 16's (I read that from AU2 onwards they have fwd offset) a while back, but they have gay fwd offset, did the pre AU coons come with 16's in rwd offset? Need 5 x 114.3 pcd, and a center hole over 66mm BTW.

i think ef/el XR6/8 may have had 16s but they were alloys,otherwise it was 15" steelies all round i think(may have been 14s on base models),so no 16" steels unfortunately :( .what about getting a set of gay offset AU 16s and getting centres flipped in the rim??old school deep dish trick,lol

Sooo I need to find some 16" rims that will fit this. I've spent the last few months trying to find some 15's that will fit with no luck, cant understand why its so hard to find coon rims? Sparks pointed out some coon 16's (I read that from AU2 onwards they have fwd offset) a while back, but they have gay fwd offset, did the pre AU coons come with 16's in rwd offset? Need 5 x 114.3 pcd, and a center hole over 66mm BTW.

i think ef/el XR6/8 may have had 16s but they were alloys,otherwise it was 15" steelies all round i think(may have been 14s on base models),so no 16" steels unfortunately :( .what about getting a set of gay offset AU 16s and getting centres flipped in the rim??old school deep dish trick,lol

Yeh, moving the centers to suit may be the go, GOOD THINKING!

Good Morning.

EF falcons were the last AFAIK that were around 20 on the offset chart. these only came in 15" steels.

the first of the AU (like real early) had 15" steels in around the 40offset mark. I run a pair of EF on the rear of my crown, and early AU on the front to stop rubbing on the weird inner guards that protrude.

in 16" you'll only get the high offset. this is balls, however, I believe they may be only 6". adding a 1" band on the outer may get both a wider rim to be awesome, and also make it fill the guards out more?

regards,

diddlecheese McChodely

Thank you for that info good sir. It dawned on me just before that moving the centers and/or widening them would be the go, as the front end of lux cant handle much more offset/width without mangling the guards/changing them to 4wd ones. BUT the back can handle wide ass rims with no fuss due to being a flat deck. So will get a set of AU 16's, and set them up to suit.